Job Type: Full-Time
Salary $17 - $19.00 an hour
Rose Villa Healthcare Center is looking for a talented, dynamic and professional Activity Director. We have wonderful staff, you will be well trained and supported by a caring team. If you are dedicated to caring for others we look forward to hearing from you!
- Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan and Matching
- Employee Discounts on Cell Phone service, Hotels, Movie Tickets, etc.
- Vacation Time, Holiday Pay and Sick Time
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of recreational, social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual programs, in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activity programs of this facility.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that facility activities and resident progress are evaluated, by noting, reporting, and charting resident behavior.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of activity care plans and resident assessments.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Refer resident/families to appropriate social service personnel when the facility does not provide the services or needs of the resident.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of Activity Aide.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to the Activity Director adjustments in activity programs that assure the continued ability to provide daily activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the activity department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary.
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident’s response to the service.
- Arrange transportation for field trips when necessary.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Activity Director as required.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director.
Our company mission is to strive everyday to be the skilled nursing facility of choice in our community. Our facility’s successes depend upon our highly motivated team working to improve the daily lives of our residents and driven to provide extraordinary service by creating a team that is dedicated to upholding our facility’s mission. You’ll meet a team of innovators—Nurses, Therapists and other Clinicians, all professionals at the tops of their games, genuinely committed, remarkably caring and wholeheartedly compassionate. This feeling of Family and Caring permeates everything we do at Rose Villa, and enables us to attract the most outstanding team members our community has to offer.
Customer Second, Employee First
Passion for Learning
Love one Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
Rose Villa Healthcare Center
9028 Rose St.
Bellflower, CA 90706
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location