Sargent & Lundy is one of the oldest and most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Due to continued growth, our EGIS business unit currently has a new opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our Chicago, Illinois office. In this position you will provide exceptional administrative support services in a fast-paced office.
- Serve as the focal point for administrative and documentation activities, scope, and budget requirements of assigned projects
- Clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments/rooms and preventing conflicts utilizing Outlook Calendar. Order lunch as needed for meetings
- Write and edit procedures, review calculations, and other project related documents in accordance to Sargent & Lundy's and/or client requirements
- Gather the appropriate information to generate reports for the projects you have been assigned
- Prepare documents and drawings for transmittal and document storage. This could include, drafting correspondence, data entry, copying and distribution, document tracking, and electronic filing
- Coordinate office space needs
- Assist with time entry and prepare expense reports for approval
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a high school diploma (or equivalent) and two years of administrative experience.
- Prior experience should include working in a production environment, meeting established production and accuracy goals, with the ability to maintain focus on quality of details.
- Excellent communication skills (including writing and editing skills), keyboarding skills (50+ wpm), and proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidate needs to be flexible, a team player, a self-starter and be open to occasional overtime.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Some college level education in fields such as English, Writing or Journalism.
- Experience working in the Engineering and/or power industry field.
- Hold a Notary License
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.