There’s never been a better time to join TravelCenters of America! For 50 years, millions of professional truck drivers and motorists have called our travel centers home, depending on us daily for fuel, food, truck maintenance and essential services.
Driven by a passionate team, TA is focused on growing its network of travel centers, implementing cutting edge technology and embarking on innovative alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.
From our locations across the country, to our corporate headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, every team member is a stakeholder in TA’s success. This environment offers endless career opportunities for those interested in sharing their ideas, growing with the company and shaping TA’s future.
The Administrative Assistant provides office and administrative support to the legal department, which includes the General Counsel, 5 Assistant General Counsels, and 3 paralegals. This individual is a highly organized administrative professional with strong multitasking, prioritization and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to 6 attorneys and 3 paralegals.
- Prepare correspondence, answer phone calls and sort/deliver department mail.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Schedule conference calls and meetings.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Prepare monthly reports for accounting department relating to legal accruals.
- Create and maintain department files and archives.
- Create and maintain acquisition related diligence rooms.
- Coordinate executive meeting preparations and materials; provide meeting day support.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of legal documents, contracts and correspondence.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of expense reports.
- Maintain and order office supplies for the department.
- Provide auxiliary IT support for the department.
- Maintain legal contracts database, trackers, and litigation management software.
- Create and maintain reports to track the status of department projects.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- High school diploma required.
- 3+ years administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required (MS Office).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
For a more comprehensive list of benefits, please visit https://www.ta-petro.com/careers/working-in-our-corporate-office
Our travel centers serve thousands every day; not one traveler is the same and our team must reflect that. We can "return every traveler to the road better than they came" only by understanding and celebrating individualism. TravelCenters of America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, familial status, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, handicap, military service or Veteran status, genetic information or membership in any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. At TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to make themselves at home.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
In this role, the employee is continuously sitting and typing, frequently talking and using eye and hand coordination and may also be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Standing, walking, bending over, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally. All performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Work Location: In person