GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
· Nurse Practitioner will diagnose and treat patients whose health problems are associated with the body’s muscular, nervous, and skeletal systems, namely Osteoarthritis.
· Our treatment model of health care is holistic, stressing the patient’s overall health and wellness. Our approach recognizes that many factors affect health; including exercise, diet, rest, environment, and heredity. Our OA Treatment Protocol for large joints is minimally invasive, non-surgical, and Medicare approved.
· Nurse Practitioner will follow a standardized routine in accordance with state laws, federal laws, and our treatment model. The information they need for diagnosis and treatment includes, but is not limited to, taking a proper medical history; conducting physical, neurological, and orthopedic examinations; order laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic tests as deemed medically necessary, and perform large joint injections with guided fluoroscopy.
Provides Supervision to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. Performs thorough evaluations using a variety of assessment tools to diagnose physical ailments, illness, and/or injuries
2. Creates Plans of Care based on the results of the assessment with goals targeting increasing patients’ functional ability.
3. Provides variety of therapeutic interventions, based on the patients’ individualized needs, and focusing on increasing functional ability.
4. Educates the patient, family members and/or caregivers on the diagnosis, prognosis, and home exercise program necessary for carryover.
5. Identifies appropriate charges as is supported by documentation and is compliant with Practice Act/Regulatory Policies. Completes fee slip in a timely manner to ensure efficiency in the organization’s billing procedure.
6. Completes necessary documentation for all initial evaluations, progress notes, daily notes, discharges, etc. as is required by payor sources, regulatory bodies and State Practice Act.
7. Stays current with regulatory and Practice Act changes impacting and related to Medical care.
8. Communicates effectively with peers, patients and families to support team activities and provide excellent
9. Participates and supports the Quality Improvement Initiatives within the organization. Offers
suggestions/feedback as needed.
10. Communicates effectively with leadership regarding questions, issues and suggestions. Is supportive of the
organizations mission and changes as well as is open to constructive feedback.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Other Organizational Requirements
Attends Staff Meetings (as schedule permits)
Completed Assigned Competencies
Annual TB test Completed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
General office environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BLOOD-BORNE PATHOGEN EXPOSURE CATEGORY:
Job usually involves contact with patients or patient’s specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
1 year (3-5 year preferred)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Large Joint Injection Experience
Use of fluoroscopy desired
Experience with PRP and aesthetics desired
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $55.00 - $65.00 per hour
- Malpractice insurance
- Pain Medicine
- Day shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: In person