UNIPRES Group produces premium quality parts for the auto industry, with the goal of Total Customer Satisfaction. Our capabilities include stamping, machining and assembly of metal parts for the main portions of automotive body structures; pressing molded components and precision automatic transmission parts; and helping customers create new parts.
Our parent company, UNIPRES Corporation, has supplied Japanese auto and appliance makers for more than 50 years. In 1987 UNIPRES U.S.A., Inc. started its operation in Portland, TN, followed by UNIPRES MEXICANA S.A. DE C.V. in Aguascalientes, Mexico in 1995 and UNIPRES SOUTHEAST USA, INC. in Forest, MS in 2003 and they are serving the North American market from their facility. UNIPRES NORTH AMERICA, INC. was established in Gallatin, TN in 2003. The head office for UNIPRES NORTH AMERICA, INC. is located in Portland, TN.
UNIPRES Group is here to help the automotive industry meet the challenges of today and anticipate the needs of tomorrow. Careful attention to needs and specifications, combined with our own creativity and technology, result in solutions that exceed customer expectations for quality, cost and just-in-time delivery.
Qualification [Educational / Work Experience]
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent college & experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive, manufacturing, and welding.
- Minimum 5 years of department (50+ people) management experience
- Experience with production planning and man power allocation.
- Intermediate level in MS-office. Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills.
- Knowledge of QS/ISO systems
- CAD experience
- Certificate in welding
- Responsible to lead the Assembly department to meet department / company’s goals towards S*afety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and M*orale.
- Leader for carrying out continuous improvement activities to achieve targets for press department’s K*ey Performance Indicators (KPI*).
- Create and manage labor, expense, and capital budgets.
- Thorough understanding of Unipres Production System (UPS) and realization of the system in the shop floor.
- Good knowledge of assembly welding equipment operations and the ability to guide / advice the team on problem solving.
- Implement corrective and preventive actions for safety / quality issues.
- Train engineers on time studies, motion analysis, man-machine balance, and time loss analysis.
- Creating systems, standards, and procedures for shop floor operation / training.
- Conduct job observation / audits to ensure shop floor standards are being followed.
- Responsible to calculate daily, monthly and yearly man power / production load.
- Responsible to train and develop salaried staffs in the department.
- Promote positive culture and one team mindset between production, engineering, quality, and maintenance.
- Must be able to work extended hours and rotate shifts when required.
- Able to travel (domestic and international) for business purposes.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
We require face masks to be worn within less than 6ft distance from others, surfaces are santizied regularly.
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Automotive: 5 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person