Valiant Management & Holdings provides superior logistics services to its customers within the transportation and automotive industries. Valiant Management & Holdings and its customers are always searching for employees with self-motivation and team spirit, looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, hard work is expected, and productivity is rewarded. Valiant employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and a network of like-minded co-workers that drive innovation across the industry. We would love to have you join our team as Financial Controller! This is immediately open to start.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller supports multiple company operations by maintaining financial system configurations, process documentation, data analysis, cash management, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Operations support includes improving team efficiency and organization; in addition to directly supervising staff as deemed necessary. This position shall be directly engaged in the leadership effort to maintain compliance of internal and external process requirements. Specifically, the Financial Controller is the expert in understanding the cash flows and then configuring the financial system to match the operational process. Provide financial control of operating companies processes by monitoring and reporting financial results timely to the management team. Development of new and improved business processes through improved visibility through data analysis reporting and process documentation. The Financial Controller must be able to take after hour communications from the operations team, which may create the need work after hours to support and resolve any issues impacting to the operation.
By way of example and not of limitation, these responsibilities include:
- Analyze financial results for Management, Service, and Operating companies.
- Provide weekly operating metrics that gage leading indicators for profitable results.
- Maintain the company bank balance and publish daily cash account balances.
- Reconcile multiple bank statements and monthly financial reports.
- Manage the weekly Payroll process to ensure all employees across all companies are paid accurately and timely.
- Ensure obligations to Union Bargaining Units are paid and reconciled timely.
- Oversee the administration for company offered benefits.
- Manage configuration of payroll processing and reporting (currently ADP Workforce Now.)
- Manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Ensure all intercompany transactions are recorded and reconciled timely.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts with supporting documentation.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and training development for system users.
- Ensure accounting system, currently QuickBooks, logic rules configuration, design and setup reflect operating profit centers.
- Prepare and coordinate preparation and payment of property, payroll, and local taxes.
- Develop and recruit finance team members as required.
- Special project system configuration planning, communication, process control and management.
- Implement administrative best and standard practices across all operation locations.
- Coordinate with the auditors to provide requested documentation.
- Other duties as needed.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accounting for multiple operating companies with arms-length business transactions between those companies
- Transportation Management System (TMS) or Inventory Management System (IMS) user experience.
- High degree of competency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint in business processes and analysis.
- Experience successfully working in teams of people in a fast-paced high intensity environment.
- Ability to directly address personnel individually or as a whole when needed to ensure all service expectations are met.
- Project Management experience.
- Developing workflow and support team accountability
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneur environment.
- College degree, preferable in Accounting
- Experience in multiple operating locations and companies.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Simpsonville, KY 40067: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person