Fleet Maintenance Technician
Monday - Friday 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
$5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Save time and apply now using our quick application!
Are you looking for job security and stability with competitive wages and benefits (zero employee layoffs during COVID pandemic)? First Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join its team and you could be the right person! With over 335 locations and in business since 1955, First Transit is truly First in passenger transportation. Please see our website for a comprehensive review of our company: https://www.firsttransit.com.
Our technicians enjoy a state-of-the-art paperless workflow program that requires very little paperwork to be filled out. We utilize a cutting-edge electronic work order program that makes filling out work orders much easier and less time consuming.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $28.50 to $30/hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus! (Conditions Apply. Offer Expires 6/30/23)
- $1.00/hr shift differential for all shifts after 3:00 PM
- $.25/hr bonus per A series ASE Certification
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Have the willingness to participate in our company's ASE certification program and obtain 3 ASE certifications within 6 months.
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.