- COVID vaccine required or medical or religios exemption request must be submitted prior to hire.
Responsible for the provision of assessment, crisis intervention, and therapy in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team. This position works closely with the Platte and Clay County Health Departments and may provide services at the health department 2.5 days per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides comprehensive clinical assessments, including initial diagnosis, to consumers referred by the county health departments.
- Provides individual therapy to consumers referred by the county health departments.
- Provides case management activities associated with linking consumers to Tri-County Mental Health Services (TCMHS), as well as community resources as needed for clients referred by the county health departments.
- Provides crisis services face-to-face and by telephone as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between TCMHS and the county health departments by providing direct services to consumers. Provides knowledge about behavioral health issues and trauma informed care practices.
- Utilizes independent judgment and decision-making regarding consumers being seen at the health department in determining the appropriate interventions.
- Completes clinical documentation in the electronic medical record in the time frame required, which clearly reflects clinical interventions provided and necessity of those interventions.
- Maintains knowledge of agency technology programs and/or systems and uses them effectively.
- Meets productivity expectations per TCMHS requirements.
- Works in a cooperative and problem-solving manner with TCMHS staff and community agencies.
- Assists the Clinical Therapy Manager in identification of service gaps and steps necessary to address service needs.
- Maintains continuing education requirements annually.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor
- Master's degree in counseling, social work or psychology required
- PLPC, LPC, LMSW, LCSW, LP license in Missouri required. Will consider provisionally license eligible candidates.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
- 1+ years of similar position-related experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of behavioral health diagnosis, trauma informed care and appropriate treatment modalities.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA rules and how to protect client confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries
- Skilled at providing a welcoming atmosphere free of distractions, including respectful and trauma informed language and non-verbal behavior
- Consistently practices self-care activities.
- Proficient in computer skills to include the ability to effectively use an electronic medical record and televideo platforms.
Tri-County Mental Health Services
Kansas City, MO
$5 to $25 million (USD)
51 to 200 Employees
Company - Private
Health Care Services & Hospitals