A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) helps patients/residents with comprehensive and personalized health care needs under the supervision of a nurse. A CNA assists patients/residents with activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, eating, grooming, toileting and exercising. This role is also responsible for the successful transfer of residents to and from activities. A CNA assists the nursing staff with many physical and complex tasks, including medical tasks like blood, monitoring vitals with medical equipment and reporting patient behavior and wellbeing.
- Provides physical support for patients/resident’s daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, grooming, transferring to/from bed, toileting, walking, standing, or exercising.
- Assists patients with daily medication and supplements.
- Turns and repositions bedridden patients.
- Ensures proper resident/patient diet based on their dietary restrictions.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake.
- Examines patients for open wounds, bruises, or blood in urine.
- Notes and communicates patient/resident behavior and changes in mood.
- Gathers medical supplies.
- Cleans rooms and bed linens.
- Checks and records vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Answers to patient calls and needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team development skills.
- Gracious and welcoming personality for customer service interaction.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteer, and other facility staff.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under stress.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Maintains Villa dress code and hygiene policies.
- Ensures all elements of the Villa Abuse Policy are maintained and enforced.
- Performs duties, which may include transportation or residents/patients, as assigned in Facility.
- Resident Rights
- Knows the Resident Rights and helps resident understand and exercise their rights.
- Reports resident concerns, complaints, comments to appropriate Administrative personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information.
- Knows and follows Villa Center Rules.
- Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
- Follows facility smoking policy.
- Reports and follows appropriate protocol to report any accidents/incidents of residents, staff, or visitors to the appropriate Administrative personnel.
- Reports any hazardous conditions/equipment.
- Understands and follows any Disaster Plans.
- Understands and follows infection control standards, policies, and procedures.
- Follows and adheres to Villa’s policies and procedures regarding HIPAA compliance.
- Ensures integrity and confidentiality of all patient financial data.
- Reports all suspected violations of company’s HIPAA policies and procedures to appropriate Administrative personnel.
- Responsible, attentive, knowledgeable and provides high quality care to patients.
- Must be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule, including overtime, holidays, nightshifts, and weekends.
- Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with short and long-term care residents and the elderly.
- Must be willing to participate in all-hands on dining.
- Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English.
- Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications. Microsoft Office version 1997, 2000 or XP, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, E-mail, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Perform other duties as assigned and consistent with level of preparation and experience.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- State Certified Nursing Assistant License/Certification.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking, reaching, bending, lifting, extended sitting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smells and temperatures, all with or without the aid of mechanical devices is required.
- Limited potential for exposure to environmental hazards. Understanding and adherence to company safety standards and protocols required.
- Meet all health requirements as needed.
- Dialogue concerning ADA reasonable accommodations are always available upon request – i.e. the interactive process.
SHARED CODE OF CONDUCT:
B.E.T.T.E.R. is Villa's Service Excellence Code of Conduct. Becoming a member of the Villa Team includes upholding Villa’s B.E.T.T.E.R. standards every day: Be Welcoming To All, Establish a Relationship, Trust & Respect, Teamwork, Engage & Communicate & Recognize.