NC MedAssist is North Carolina’s only nonprofit, statewide free pharmacy. Our programs assist our neighbors with medication access needs by providing prescription and over-the-counter medication at no cost. Our mission is to dispense opportunities through improved health.
Our work environment includes:
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Community Outreach Manager
The Community Outreach Manager is responsible for advocacy, education, and enrollment services for individuals with prescription medication needs. This individual will primarily work with community organizations to identify and enroll patients into the Free Pharmacy Program as well as build awareness of NC MedAssist programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Partner Relations, but in the execution of these duties will work closely with the enrollment, pharmacy and development teams.
The performance requirements are listed below, but are not limited to these responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with providers, case managers, social workers, etc. to identify patients eligible for the Free Pharmacy Program; Assists patients with enrollment into program.
- Builds awareness of the mission by attending community events, lunch and learns, and engaging safety-net partners in service area.
- Builds strategic relationships within the community; Attends relevant community meetings and participates in councils and committees.
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
- Provides Free Pharmacy Program enrollment training to safety-net partners.
- Maintains a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, presentations, workshops, appearances and other educational opportunities; Prepare written reports on outreach activities.
- Assists in promoting and coordinating OTC program; Attend Mobile Free Pharmacy events; Serve as an event lead for Mobile Free Pharmacy program as needed.
- Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Must be Bilingual -Spanish
- Must be able to commute to Burke Health Network in Morganton, NC
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant work experience. Background in health, human services or nonprofit, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be bilingual and comfortable with public speaking.
- Must have excellent computer skills with abilities in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be comfortable working in an in-person and remote environment.
- Must have excellent written, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have a valid NC Driver’s License, reliable transportation and be willing to travel.
- Must have outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact face to face with individual and community stakeholders.
Benefits include, Paid Time Off, Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Flexible Work Environment, etc
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Morganton, NC 28655: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Morganton, NC 28655