The Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm, located on pristine property overlooking the Hudson River in Germantown, New York, are looking to fill the position of Cook.
** Full-Time, 5 days/week + every other weekend; Hours vary according to house schedule 9:30a - 5:30p and 8a - 4p **
Carmelite Sisters can offer you:
- $16 per hour; Free meal with every shift
- 100% Paid Health (Aetna), Dental, and Vision insurances ($10,000 value)
- HSA with employer contribution
- Benefits available 1st of the mo. following 30 days
- Flexible Spending Account and AFLAC insurances
- Student Loan Forgiveness Guidance
- Fully paid Life and Short-Term disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program with Discount marketplace
- 10 Sick/Personal Days paid out if not used
- 5 Vacation days after 6 mos.; 10 after 1 year
- Compassionate work environment
Cook Job Summary:
- Prepare menu of the day according to standard recipes/directions from Dietary Supervisor/Head Cook, proper oven and holding temperatures.
- Adhere to the Food sanitation Code for Food Preparation and Storage.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Operate steam cooker, stoves, ovens, and other equipment.
- Report equipment repairs needed to the Dietary Supervisor/Head Cook/Food Service Director.
- Assume responsibility for cooking and supervision of the kitchen in the absence of the Dietary Supervisor/Head Cook.
This is a brief overview of job responsibilities and not intended to be all inclusive.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years cooking experience required.
- English language ability required.
- Must be authorized for work in the United States.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) background check and drug test and physical.
The Carmelite Sisters sponsor and operate a network of skilled nursing facilities throughout the United States. Please consider joining a dynamic team of professionals fostering the healing ministry of Christ in Catholic health care.
The Difference is Love℠!
Carmelite Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
- 2 year(s): Cooking experience required.
- Supervisory experience and organizational skills preferred.
- Knowledge of nutritional standards, specialized diets, menu and budget planning, portion control, meal presentation required.
- High School or better
- Customer Service
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization