Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in Ellicott City, Maryland, a vibrant Catholic parish, is seeking a full-time, salaried Coordinator of Youth Ministry. The Youth minister's responsibilities would include the Middle and High School Youth Ministry, partnering with the Coordinator for Middle School Catechesis and Formation and Confirmation Formation.
- Coordinating service and community activities, and building relationships with families in the parish and community.
- Applicants must be practicing Catholics with a strong desire to live and share their faith.
- Foster service opportunities for youth within the parish (e.g. ministry roles such as lectors, Eucharistic ministers, etc.)
- Plan, publicize, and implement youth activities monthly
- Prepare communications for youth using various media, bulletin, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate adult volunteers assisting in youth ministry programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology or Youth Ministry preferred or
- Certificate with related degree experience, including education, counseling, or pastoral care.
- Work experience with youth in a parish setting is preferred, not required.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours.
- Should be available at spiritual activities and retreats.