- Job Title: Corporate Lean & Sigma Six Black Belt
- Department: Continuous Improvement
- Reports to: Corporate Director of Continuous Improvement & Quality
- Making a difference in the world by reducing carbon emissions and improving access to clean energy with every module we make.
- Silfab Solar is the leading automated solar panel manufacturing facility in North America. We are an international leader in the development, manufacturing, distribution, and innovation of ultra-high efficiency PV modules, operating with Just-In-Time manufacturing and leveraging over 40 years of solar experience. Our state-of-the-art facilities located in Toronto, Canada, Burlington, Washington, and Bellingham, Washington have helped pioneer smart module technology and innovative process to produce superior reliability and performance specifically designed for North American market.
- At Silfab Solar, our team members have been actively shaping sustainable solutions since its inception and we are looking to grow our team of 700+ experts who are dedicated to our mission and to evolving technology for the next generation of solar products.
- The Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt is a dedicated, corporate role reporting to the Corporate Director of Continuous Improvement and Quality, responsible for leading high-profile, cross-functional Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt projects critical to achieving strategic and operational success across all business sites and disciplines. Manages a portfolio of Yellow Belt and Green Belt projects, as well as Orange Belt Kaizen events to drive operational excellence and impact to the top and bottom lines, in accordance with Annual Strategic objectives and directives. Helps in translating projects, events and actions into a cohesive Annual Budget Plan. Creates organizational value by managing Silfab Solar’s employee development Belt Program and by teaching and coaching other belts to achieve certification. Standardizes and drives Lean & Six Sigma practices and metrics across sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Participate in company’s Long-Term and Mid-Term Strategy Deployment process.
- · Facilitate and support Annual Hoshin Planning processes at site and functional level.
- · Facilitate annual Value Stream Mapping and Value Chain Mapping events to support Annual Hoshin and Budgeting processes.
- · Identify teams, project opportunities, actions and deployment methodologies resulting from Annual Hoshin Planning, Value Stream Mapping and Value Chain Mapping events.
- · Work with Operations, Product Engineering & Development, Supply Chain, Sales and all other business functions to align, select, prioritize and plan Lean & Six Sigma project and kaizen targets, timing and training needs identified in Annual Hoshin Planning process.
- · Develop, coordinate and manage Lean & Six Sigma training plan to support annual project and kaizen targets.
- · Assist sites and functional teams in integrating resulting initiatives and project decks to build the Annual Budget Plan.
- · Lead Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt high-impact projects (~ $500K+/project) identified during the Annual Hoshin Planning process.
- · Lead other Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt projects assigned by the Corporate Director of Continuous Improvement and Quality.
- · Travel to location and support other Corporate Lean & Six Sigma Black Belts and their projects as required.
- · Attend Silfab’s Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt training course; attain company’s Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt certification within established timelines.
- · Develop and/or assist in the development and improvement of Silfab’s White Belt, Yellow Belt, Orange Belt and Green Belt training material.
- · Conduct Silfab Lean & Six Sigma training courses for White Belts, Yellow Belts, Orange Belts and Green Belts.
- · Assist in the development and improvement of Silfab’s Blue Belt, Brown Belt and Black Belt training material.
- · Establish and deploy Silfab’s Lean & Six Sigma Program maturity growth Road Map.
- · Benchmark Best-In-Class metrics and performance on Lean & Six Sigma within our industry and outside our industry.
- · Define Silfab’s Lean & Six Sigma Program KPIs, goals and metrics.
- · Drive and deploy the Lean & Six Sigma program through x-functional and x-site collaboration effort.
- · Implement and manage the Silfab Belt Program.
- · Drive Belt Certification goals and performance across the enterprise.
- · Coach other belts in applying correct methodologies, closing projects on time and successfully achieving certification.
- · Manage Lean & Six Sigma project decks and funnels to ensure company’s Lean & Six Sigma operational and financial goals are met.
- · Assist site management and personnel with analysis and improvement of asset utilization, line flow constraint analysis and improvement.
- · Assist site management and personnel with RCA (Root-Cause Analysis) and implementation of CA (Corrective Action) of PK, A3 and Apollo processes.
- · Conduct benchmarking and analysis on Lean & Six Sigma practices; identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- · Support Supplier Quality and Customer Quality Program Managers with RCA (Root-Cause Analysis) and implementation of CA (Corrective Action) of PK, A3 and Apollo processes.
- · Support site management and personnel in improving utilization of MAJiK and data analysis.
- · Support Safety, Product Engineering, Operations and Sales teams to ensure the highest level of safety in our products and processes.
- · Support Product Design and Manufacturing Engineers in driving innovation, improving existing designs and reducing defects.
- · Work with IT to develop information systems and automated, intelligent dashboards for the Lean & Six Sigma Program:
- o Project & Program Financial Benefits review, approval and tracking
- o Project Status tracking
- o Project Methodology workflow and tracking
- o Employee Certification workflow and tracking
- o Minitab License management
- · Establish operating mechanisms for reviewing, reporting and communicating Lean & Six Sigma program performance and maturity progress at multiple levels in the organization.
- · Manage budget targets and financial reporting on Lean & Six Sigma projects and Kaizen.
- · Participate in Continuous Improvement and Quality Summits, Share and Learn, and Benchmarking events.
- · Other functions as deemed relevant and/or assigned to this role by the Corporate Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- · Customer-centric visionary.
- · Servant Leadership mindset.
- · Builds team value through diversity, thrives in diverse environment.
- · Accomplished listener.
- · Demonstrated, effective change agent.
- · Strong Project Management skills.
- · Innovation driver.
- · System-Thinker.
- · Lean-Thinker.
- · Lean Manufacturing.
- · Hoshin or other Strategy Deployment methodology.
- · Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- · PDCA, A3, Six Sigma DMAIC methodologies.
- · Ability to see and understand the Big Picture and manage at tactical level.
- · Experienced influencer. Demonstrated ability to get work done through others.
- · Outstanding facilitation and presentation skills.
- · Proficient with a variety of computer software applications including Minitab, Business Central, Microsoft Office products and PowerBI.
- · Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- · Outstanding communication skills.
- · Strong ability to work and deliver under time constraints.
- · Quickly adapt and correct course under changing priorities.
- · Strong ability to work well in a team atmosphere, resolve conflict, and comply with high quality and ethics standards.
Education and Experience:
- · Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience (Engineering preferred).
- · Minimum 7 years working in a Process Improvement, Quality or Operational Excellence organization, and…
- · Minimum 5 years in a company with a strong, recognized Lean & Six Sigma program and culture.
- · Minimum 3 years Project Management experience managing large-scale, x-functional projects.
- · Proven record of results managing in a matrix environment.
- · Demonstrated Minitab proficiency and teaching Minitab to others.
- · Ability to travel as required.
- · Lean Certification preferred.
- · Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- · PMP or Prince 2.0 certification desirable.
We are pleased to offer employment in the clean energy industry with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- · USD Compensation: $80,000-$100,000/Annually
- · Annual bonus eligibility of up to 10% of salary dependent on company, department, and individual performance metrics
- · Vacation Pay
- · 401(k)
- · Sick Pay
- · Paid Holidays
- · Employee Assistance Program
- · Medical/Dental/Vision
- · Health Savings Account
- · Supplemental Insurance
- · Employee Tuition Program
- · Shift Differential Pay
- · Employee Recognition Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, WA 98233: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Lean Six Sigma: 3 years (Required)
- Lean manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: In person