We are looking for CT Technologists (CT Tech) for an immediate travel opening in Altoona, PA. The right CT Tech should have 1 year of experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CT Tech, you will be responsible for the use of computed tomography and ensuring that images are accurate and passed on to physicians for medical interpretation. CT Techs are also responsible for the preparation of and caring for patients undergoing CT scanning.
As a CT Tech, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Confirm patient identification, review imaging requests and explain imaging procedures to patients, providing reassurance and support as required
- Correctly interpret doctors' written instructions
- Appropriately position patients to scan specific areas of their bodies
- Use computerized tomography equipment to capture diagnostic images of patients' internal organs and tissues
- Administer radiocontrast agents to patients to enhance the visibility of internal organs and tissues
- Evaluate CT scans to determine whether they are of good technical quality
- Follow safety procedures when working with radiation
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Understand and use the McKesson PACS system
Must have 1 year of experience. Must have BLS, AART National certification with registration in computed tomography, and state-specific licensing when required.
CT Techs should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean or stoop without difficulty. CT Techs must have a sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology.
Certs required: BLS, ARRT (CT). PA state license. Experience required: 1 Year experience.