Job Title: Department Specialist-Stihl
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Merchandising Exemption Status: Hourly
Direct Reports: None
At Westlake ACE, our vision is to be the best, most helpful hardware stores on the planet. Great people make Westlake stand out in our industry. Our associates come from all backgrounds with a variety of experience. Building a well-skilled, diverse, quality workforce is one of our main priorities. That’s why we’re always looking for individuals who strive for professional growth and want to work with a company with solid core values.
Department Specialist-Stihl will have product knowledge of Stihl products, equipment and all areas of the store to enhance customer service. Assist in maintaining clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness. The primary responsibility of all Westlake associates is first and foremost to provide superior customer service! This means our customers always come first, and we make serving them our top priority.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This Department Specialist-Stihl will have knowledge of Stihl products-Bronze level trained, and preferably, Silver level trained on Stihl products and operation of these, as well as products in other departments of the store. Department Specialists will strive to enhance customer service, and will also assist in maintaining clean and orderly merchandise, presentation and overall store cleanliness.
· Project a positive representation of Westlake Ace Hardware.
· Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
· Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
· Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
· Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
· Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
· Possess good product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
· Responsible for cycle counting and maintaining desirable inventory level in assigned department(s).
· Work with management staff to ensure preventative maintenance and repairs are completed in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building, fixtures and equipment).
· Ensure accurate receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise in assigned department(s).
· Responsible for maintenance of back stock levels in assigned department(s).
· Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of work area.
· Assist with overall maintenance of the store.
· Ensure that weekly price changes are done in assigned department(s).
· Assist with providing a clean and orderly work area.
· Ensure signage is current in assigned department(s).
· Participate in store meetings.
· Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales ideas to General Manager.
· Be professional in appearance and actions.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements:
· Deliver results through the execution of our Core Values:
o TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
o INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
o RESPECT – A humble appreciation that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a stronger and better company and that every person is unique and valued.
o CT – The humble appreciation that every person is unique and valued.
o EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.
o PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
o SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
High School or GED equivalent.
Window and screen repair and small engine repair.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- Retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stihl equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person