Responsible for the planning, directing, and evaluating all medical and clinical activities within the Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) facility. Works with the goal of boosting financial fluidity and efficient performance of their medical team while delivering high-quality patient services. Involved in tracking staff resource utilization, hiring new staff, creating budget plans, drafting contingency plans, conducting quality assurance testing, managing requirements for patient billing, arranging work schedules, and training healthcare professionals. Coordinates between multiple service lines within the clinic site that include, but not limited to, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, EVS, Engineering, Purchasing, etc. for optimal service delivery.
1. Strong financial analysis capabilities.
2. Computer proficiency in utilizing automated accounting systems.
3. Working knowledge of the principles and fundamentals, relating to budgeting, accounting, and record keeping.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
5. Skills in establishing effective and constructive working relationships, with the ability to plan, organize and provide direction to staff.
6. Demonstrate leadership in establishing and achieving goals
7. Ability to develop and maintain fiscal budget and grant administration.
8. Knowledge of Joint Commission and Texas Department of Health requirements for Rural Health Clinics
9. Analytical and problem-solving skills required with the ability to exercise independent judgment in unusual or stressful situations.
10. Conceptualize and articulate a vision for nursing practice for a specific clinical area and translates into action.
11. Ability to foster and facilitate collaborative interpersonal relationships.
12. Calculates risks associated with an anticipated action.
13. Ability to facilitate transitions through sound process improvement methodologies.
14. Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
15. Willingness to embrace change and manage it effectively.
16. Ability to foster and implement team-building strategies.
17. Skill in the use of computer systems and related software applications.
18. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
19. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Five years of supervisory/management experience required, preferably in a clinical setting. Strong background in healthcare environment.
Current and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas required.
Current CPR training required.
Education and Training
Bachelor degree in Nursing required. Master degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field required.
Location: University Medical Center of El Paso · NHC Northeast Clinic
Schedule: Full Time, Days, M-F