This is not a desk job. In fact, as a Direct Sales Representative, you will sell our products and services in a door-to-door manner. You will be canvassing neighborhoods and providing the community with reliable TV, phone, and internet services. You will act as a territory manager and take ownership in acquiring new leads (above and beyond the list of addresses provided by our marketing team). You will serve as a representative of our company while also presenting our products in a sales-oriented manner.
This is a year-round, full-time sales position with a flexible work schedule, and you can manage your own 40hr work week between 9am – 9pm. Yes, that’s right, you get the work/life balance you’ve been looking for, while working to become a top sales performer! Our sales representatives have access to competitive products and promotions to make you as successful as possible!
The salary listed for this position is encompassing of both the base salary, as well as what one might expect to earn when meeting established sales quotas. The actual offer amount will carefully consider multiple factors, such as relevant skills, qualifications, work experience, location and/or competencies that align with the specified role. We offer uncapped commission incentives, leaving earning opportunities limitless!
What’s in it for you?
- Earn $60k to $100k per year or more
- Flexible Schedule! You get to choose your own 40-hour week between 9am and 9pm!
- Base salary plus uncapped monthly commission
- Receive a $2,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- $2,500 Supplemental income during the first 2 months of employment
- Opportunity to earn an additional $4,500 in Bonuses in the first 6 months of employment!
- Discounted TDS services and products!
- Full Benefits Package - Begins on first day of employment!
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation, sick time, personal days, and paid holidays
- 401k eligible after 30 days with excellent company match
- Top sales performers and their guest are invited to an all-expense paid trip to a tropical destination!
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Metrocom/TDS) is a leading provider of fiber internet service. With more than 50 years of experience, the growing communications company is building and deploying new, fiber optic networks in neighborhoods across the country to deliver up to 8 Gigabit internet speeds to homes and up to 10 Gigabit internet speeds to businesses. In addition, TDS provides innovative TV entertainment and advanced phone services. Visit tdsfiber.com to learn more.
TDS provides communications services to a mix of rural and suburban communities throughout the United States. The company employs more than 3,500 people nationwide and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS Inc.), a Fortune 1000® company [NYSE: TDS]. Founded in 1969, Telephone and Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. Visit tdsinc.com for more information.
Contact cold and warm prospect customers through in-person cold calling at people’s homes, networking, and referrals to educate them on voice, data, and television services in territory provided by TDS
- Make sales calls to determine customer need, gain information, and sell TDS services to prospective customers in order to achieve their sales quota
- Prepare documentation of sales orders received from customers and remit to supervisor on a daily basis. This includes sales orders and agreements, third party verifications, and sales reports in a manner consistent with manager specifications
- Manage the customer account from the sale through installation. Perform telephone follow-ups on each sale after it is installed to ensure customer satisfaction after the sale
- Set up and attend community events that will allow for sales opportunities
- 6+ months of sales/customer service experience – OR – current military service, or prior military service with honorable discharge
- Ability to obtain and maintain any credentials and/or licenses necessary to sell
- Must have access to reliable transportation
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!
$51,900.00 - $84,400.00