Dedicated to building, strengthening and improving lifestyles for people of all abilities!
This career opportunity as a direct support staff is working with individuals with development disabilities in a residential group home or programmatic setting located in Gales Ferry, CT.
*Please note this is NOT a remote position*
ECDC is seeking applicants who wants to be part of a cohesive team that enjoys creative activity planning and being part of a company that is dedicated to making a difference while having fun.
Ideally candidates will have caregiving experience but ECDC is willing to train the right candidate.
Open positions are available in: 2nd, and 3rd shift openings. Applicants will be sent open positions after an application is submitted.
*Necessary Qualifications: *
- At least 21 years of age
- 3 or more years as a licensed driver
- A valid CT Driver's license (if you are from out of state we will accept your license with an agreement to present your switched license within 90 days. This does not apply for RI residents)
- A high school diploma or GED
- A clean background check, which will include The DDS Abuse & Neglect Registry
- The ability to use both computer and paper systems to record data and information
- The ability to meet the physical demands of personal care, this includes the ability to lift up to 30lbs as needed
- The ability to maintain a 2% or lower rate of absenteeism
A successful employee will gain the following:
- A Medication Administration Certificate through the state of CT
- Experience in the healthcare field
- A certification in: CPR, PMT and delegated nursing duties
- Documenting and collecting data that pertains to the individuals goals, physical health, and mental health
- Supporting the individual with daily self-care activities, household activities, and life tasks
- Creating activities based on the individuals hobbies for community and socialization
- Upholding the level of supervision (the timeframes in which the individual must be supervised by a staff member) that is outlined by ECDC and DDS for the safety of the individual
- Assist in the cooking and cleaning that is required to maintain the residential or programmatic setting
- Provide safe transportation to and from locations using either a company vehicle or a personal vehicle (when necessary)
- Personal care duties as needed (toileting, showering/bathing, and daily wardrobe).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Group home
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's license for 3 or more years (Required)
Work Location: In person