What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with a salary of $87600 / year plus bonus. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Dir I, Security will provide a secure environment by developing physical and technical security programs. The Dir I, Security will implement security programs and procedures to protect company personnel, property and reputation. The Dir I, Security will ensure that security procedures are properly executed by employees. The Dir I, Security will conduct internal and external investigations to resolve theft, workplace violence and misconduct at company facilities. The Dir I, Security will be the primary administrator of physical security components such as alarms, video assessment, access control and guard force management. The Dir I, Security will advise local leadership on security related issues and the mitigation of those issues. The Dir I, Security will support and execute the corporate security strategy at the direction of the Director of Corporate Security.
- Coordinates all aspects of executing security contracts at all assigned location(s)
- Develop security education programs to raise employee awareness and reduce risk
- Develop and implement technical security solutions for facilities
- Develop and implement facility security guidelines and best practices
- Promote a culture that embraces a positive workplace environment and works with staff to create and maintain an environment reflective of those values
- Develop and implement strategic and operational plans to achieve our short- and long-term security objectives and effectively communicate those objectives to leadership and employees
- Implement and maintain all security related policies and procedures and ensure they are effective and executed
- Conduct risk assessments for all locations and provide recommendations for risk mitigation, maintenance or updates as appropriate
- Partner with leadership to preserve crisis communication protocols and emergency response plans current
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Conduct internal and external investigations as appropriate for theft or unethical behavior
- Stay informed and aware of trends in security technology; evaluate products and make recommendations to implement when appropriate
- Create and conduct security trainings and drills at all locations
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local and federal law enforcement and emergency response entities throughout the service area
- Manage and negotiate security contract terms and oversight of renewals.
- Prepare, recommend, and implement building upgrades, moves, construction projects, and maintenance initiatives
- Create annual work plan and budget through financial and workflow metrics utilizing outsourced and staff resources to execute on a timely and cost-efficient strategy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience in Law Enforcement, Military or Loss Prevention
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience managing security integrators and project management of security installations and upgrades.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Knowledge of other MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, presentation, and communications skills
- Highly proficient in the use of video surveillance equipment/systems, including user knowledge, set-up, system capabilities, computer/printing interface, etc
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 15lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.