What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with a salary range of $116900 - $204100/ year plus bonus. This salary range is an average range for this position. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Director of National Accounts, CPWS On-Premise, develops and implements sales strategies, tactics, and marketing plans for CPWS represented Suppliers in assigned National On-Premise accounts. Monitors execution of customer programming, promotions, and pricing strategies to ensure attainment of chain goals and objectives. Works with Suppliers and Southern Glazers National Accounts team to develop/execute account specific sales and marketing plans. Works with CPWS General Market teams to activate National initiatives locally.
- Manages the development of customer specific business plans to include the definition and integration of national/regional/state account, and supplier goals/objectives.
- Directs the analysis of market share, consumer trends, and competitive practices by targeted accounts or chain and by market. Manages the account specific evaluation of business opportunities/gaps and category management strategies for achievement of approved goals.
- Guides the CPWS/Supplier development of fiscal objectives for brands, accounts, and markets. Formulates sales and marketing tactics designed to promote market share, increase sales volume, and strengthen case distribution.
- Ensures the integration of fiscal Supplier goals and planned account goals with state level programming and promotion business plans. Secures agreement on pricing approach, standards, and process/procedures.
- Through CPWS’s Business Intelligence function, provides business analytics and best practice data to the Regional National Account Directors. Leverages fact-based data to influence account/chain direction and enhance CPWS’s and SGWS’s position within the account.
- Monitors execution of programs, pricing, and promotions by account/by market to ensure achievement of stated goals. Compares actual performance to CPWS, Supplier, and account goals and takes corrective action where required.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely management, documentation, delivery of pricing to the account and evaluates/develops procedures for accuracy and data synchronization.
- Conducts regular business reviews with Leadership, Assigned Accounts, and Suppliers to report: distribution, sales, and program status; progress in or barriers to goal achievement; and forecasts/plans for subsequent performance periods.
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Investigates and resolves service issues associated with Assigned Accounts. Secures agreements relative to: product availability, delivery, pulls; promotion and programming performance; pricing discrepancies; and quality of market execution. Responds to Account, SGWS, and Supplier questions, concerns, and/or complaints.
- Manages the selection, development, motivation, and retention of the Co-Managed Staff required to grow and develop the business. Ensures Company policies and procedures are supported throughout the sales, marketing, and branch organizations. Encourages and protects diversity.
- Proficient working knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email and specialized business applications software
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required
- Demonstrated high level proficiency of oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- At least 2 years of prior National Account Management experience required
- Proven track record of creating and presenting successful beverage marketing platforms and concepts that drive incremental business across the enterprise
- Previous experience with presenting to groups, senior leadership, etc.
- Self-starter and driven personality to be able to achieve corporate account objectives
- Understand account level P&L's and ROI
- Must have the ability to attend after hours and weekend National Account meetings, events, conference calls, etc.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office and have the ability to learn new technical programs as assigned
- Up to 35% overnight/out of state travel required
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25lbs
- Travel expectations typically range from 20% to 30% of time. Potential for periods of time where travel could be up to 60% of time
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.