Build your career, design a future at Thompson Creek Window Company. We are the premier home improvement replacement products company serving the Mid-Atlantic region for more than 40 years. We are proud of our history, and proud to help our communities improve the comfort and conditions of their homes. Thompson Creek is looking for a goal oriented, problem solver to join our team as a Director of Marketing- Customer Conversion and Engagement.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Marketing – Customer Conversion and Engagement is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end customer journey, with a focus on converting contacts into customers. This role will be responsible for driving marketing efforts once contacts enter the sales funnel, developing effective drip campaigns, utilizing data-driven insights to generate unique messaging, and enhancing customer engagement. The Director of Marketing – Customer Conversion and Engagement will also oversee the call center / home show and events, chat and text campaigns, email campaigns, previous customer and referral programs, and appointment scheduling options to optimize conversion rates and drive repeat business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies targeting contacts within the sales funnel, with the goal of converting them into customers.
- Create and manage targeted drip campaigns to guide contacts towards setting appointments and generating sales.
- Collect and analyze customer data to build customer personas and deliver personalized messaging to enhance customer conversion rates.
- Oversee A/B testing initiatives throughout the sales funnel to optimize messaging and improve conversion rates.
- Continuously assess and refine customer journey strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and maximize lifetime customer value.
- Drive repeat business and customer loyalty through effective drip campaigns and referral marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, customer service, and operations, to align marketing efforts with overall business objectives.
- Oversee the call center, chat and text campaigns, and email campaigns to ensure seamless customer conversion and effective lead handling.
- Oversee the supervision of home show and events team members to ensure customer conversion and effective lead generation.
- Develop and implement strategies for previous customer and referral programs to drive customer engagement and advocacy.
- Create innovative and user-friendly appointment scheduling options that cater to customers' preferences.
- Monitor and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies as needed.
- Utilize customer data and insights to personalize messaging and enhance the customer experience.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging marketing technologies, and best practices to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Manage and mentor a team of marketing professionals, providing guidance and support for their professional growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or other related field. 15 years’ of relevant experience in a Sales Environment including prior supervisory experience; marketing and customer conversion experience, and any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), CRM software, marketing automation platforms, and analytics tools.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
Thompson Creek offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Plan with HSA
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401k with Immediately Vested Company Match
- Educational Assistance
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
- On the job training and professional development
About Thompson Creek
Thompson Creek Window Company is a privately owned and family-operated manufacturer and installer of energy-efficient home improvement replacement products. Founded in 1980, Thompson Creek began as a manufacturer of energy-efficient, maintenance-free vinyl windows. Since that time, Thompson Creek has evolved into one of the leading specialty home improvement contracting companies in the nation. The company’s product mix includes replacement windows and doors, vinyl siding and a clog-free gutter system. Thompson Creek is headquartered in Lanham, MD with a state-of-the-art 120,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Thompson Creek Window Co participates in the E-Verify program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Marketing: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Lanham, MD 20706