At GFiber, we believe in the power of great internet that lets people do more, helps communities get stronger and makes amazing things possible. We're not just growing to build better internet experiences, we're also building a welcoming place where people who want to make a difference can grow their careers.
GFiber is an Alphabet company that brings Google Fiber and Google Fiber Webpass internet services to homes and businesses across the United States. Our growing, inclusive team is expanding as we connect more cities and people.
As an Employee Relations Specialist at GFiber, you will be part of our Employee Relations function and a part of our People and Culture (human resources) team. Using your foundation of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), and your deep understanding of GFiber's business needs, you'll direct and conduct investigations of people issues. You will advise GFiber leadership on a wide range of employee relations issues, including investigations, policy, performance management, and workplace issues. You are data driven and appreciate using your deep knowledge and experience in employee relations to conduct investigations and appropriate accompanying documentation and recommendations. In addition, you'll work closely with Legal and HR partners, leveraging your knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies and procedures to advise on fair and equitable employment practices. You have a bias for teamwork, action and foster an equitable work environment, fair practices, and meaningful employee experiences.
In this role, you'll:
- Direct and conduct investigations including tracking, and maintaining documentation and use data to identify trends and recommend solutions.
- Partner with People Partners and Legal team on investigations and complaint processes in a fair, timely manner.
- Advise and counsel HR Business Partners and managers on employee relations matters.
- Consult, coach, and educate team members on policies and guidelines, enabling decision-making processes that fosters a fair and equitable work environment.
- Encourage thoughtful conversations about investigations, trends, and employee misconduct.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, or Employment Law or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of Employee Relations, Employment Legal, or HR Business Partner.
- 4 years of experience leading and conducting employee relations investigations.
It's preferred if you have:
- Advanced degree focused on employment law or employee relations.
- Experience working directly with an employee population (including frontline), handling complex investigations with a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Experience and commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- High- level interpersonal skills including teamwork and collaboration, interactions at all levels, including the ability to understand and persuasively convey opinions and recommendations.
- Experience leveraging data to provide insight and recommendations.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is between $102K - $150K + bonus + equity + benefits. As pay varies by location, your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.
It's important to us to create an accessible, inclusive workplace for everyone. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our accommodations for applicants form. Our candidate accommodations team will then connect with you to confidentially discuss your options.