Environmental Monitor - ( 23000288 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
To support current projects and future opportunities, we are seeking an Environmental Monitor to join our Transportation practice in Honolulu. Our team is dedicated to helping our clients manage their environmental issues relating to transportation and infrastructure. We support our clients through the strategic planning, environmental assessment, permitting, construction, and operational phases of their projects. This full-time position requires an individual with knowledge of construction best management practices, experience with Hawaii environmental resource or impact assessment, understanding of erosion and sediment control practices, as well as a willingness to work with contractors to ensure compliance with environmental permitting requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate environmental permitting for local construction projects
- Frequent visits to active construction sites to inspect and monitor activities with respect to environmental requirements
- Complete monitoring and inspection reports to document environmental compliance
- Development and review of environmental management plans
- Implement and monitor erosion and sediment control measures to ensure protection of water quality
- Monitor contractor management of contaminated and hazardous materials
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, effective verbal and written communication
- Experience working with contractors on active construction sites an asset
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Preference given to candidates with environmental (OSHA HAZWOPER), stormwater (e.g. City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii Department of Transportation, CISEC), and construction (OSHA) certifications
Education and Experience
- Requires a Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or other related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in stormwater inspection, construction permitting, and/or environmental assessment
Typical office environment includes working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
Primary Location : United States-Hawaii-Honolulu
Organization : BC-2073 Transpt-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 24, 2023, 6:57:59 AM
Req ID: 23000288
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans