Environmental Scientist - ( 2300028A )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Creating maps and geospatial analysis in support of environmental permitting, environmental field surveys, and construction compliance.
- Adhering to established cartographic standards and Quality Assurance / Quality Control processes.
- Support field staff conducting wetland delineations, stream assessments, environmental constraints analyses, threatened and endangered species surveys, and cultural resource surveys.
- Collaboration with other staff to achieve project deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid foundation and experience working with the Esri ArcGIS Platform
- Ability to prepare requests for Jurisdictional Determinations as well as other various technical reports.
- Write reports for wetland mitigation, stream restoration, or permitting projects.
- Strong working knowledge with ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, Field Maps, and Survey123.
- Map and assess vegetation communities and habitat quality
- Knowledge of Python, Arcade and other GIS Programming language
- Knowledge of cartography practices and an understanding of graphic design.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned tasks relate to project goals.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Exceptional visual, written, and verbal communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong working proficiency with the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products
- Significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing, and the ability take corrective actions to solve them using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Valid state driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Geography, Geoscience, Environmental Science, or related field with demonstrated GIS training or coursework.
- Experience providing GIS services in support of compliance or environmental permitting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Williamsburg
Organization : BC-2034 EnvSvcs-US East Mid Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 24, 2023, 6:08:48 AM
Req ID: 2300028A
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans