Position title: Equestrian Assistant
Salary: Starting at $15.50-$18 per hour, depending on experience and certifications Location: Frying Pan Farm Park, Herndon, VA
Hours: up to 20 hours per week including some evening and weekend shifts
Overview: We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven individual to join our Frying Pan team and coordinate the park’s equestrian facilities. This position is critical to the park’s and Park Authority’s equestrian program and helps to guide us in future directions that maximum service to the equestrian community.
Duties: Under the direction of the park’s operations manager, the equestrian coordinator duties include:
- Checking in riders (collecting and filing required rider documentation)
- selling riding passes, maintaining bulletin boards/document racks/marquis
- enforcing equestrian facilities/park rules and regulations
- maintaining agency calendar
- Assisting as directed during friends horse shows and events including but not limited to: rider check-ins, stabling assignments, taking horse show entry payments, inputting horse show entry data, event breakdown, and closing procedures
- Assisting with recruitment and supervision of volunteers during events
- designing and setting courses
- Providing support to marketing coordinator for equestrian focused contentRentals
- Coordinating with customers and their contracts
- During rentals assist the rental customer as needed, monitor the rental and its attendants and enforce park and rental contract rules and regulations, assist with and track any rental customer services provided for post rental invoicing
Maintenance and Ring Prep
- supporting maintenance staff with ring dragging and watering
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have equestrian experience. Be able to communicate fluently in English. Must be personable, punctual, dependable and self-motivated. Valid Drivers License.
Preferred Qualification: Experience with working at horse shows and or equestrian events in the office and on the grounds, computer experience in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience driving tractors and/or tractor with implements.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or religious reasons will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement. Otherwise, vaccinated employees will complete the attestation online in the first day of employment.
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, child protective registry check and driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
This position requires one to be able to stand, stoop, bend, stretch, walk, climb, sit, type on keyboard. Ability to spend extended periods of time standing, walking, and ability to traverse rough and uneven terrain to inspect remote park areas. Must be able to work in varying weather conditions. All duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Note: This position is scheduled to work a maximum of 900 hours in a calendar year. This position is not eligible to receive limited benefits.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.50 - $18.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Work Location: In person