Empire Cat’s Rental team is seeking an experienced Equipment Field Service Technician at our Thatcher location to work on Caterpillar and other brand equipment. Join our group of safety-focused and passionate team players, committed to providing the best level of service for our clients in a drug-free work environment. **
Who We Are:
Founded in 1950, Empire Cat is a world-renowned Caterpillar dealer and a top private company in Arizona. Empire’s Rental team services more than 30 brands on everything from aerial lifts to vacuum excavation, including Caterpillar, Genie, Multiquip, JLG, Vermeer and more. We are a third-generation family-owned with over 3,700 employees across 30+ locations throughout Arizona, Nevada and portions of Eastern California. We are a diverse group of people, but we all share an inspiring vision to BE THE BEST. That vision is achieved by our individual commitments to work hard and live our core values every day.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay ranging from $22.32 to $37.56
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Tool Discounts/Tool Insurance
- Technical Training & Professional Development Classes
- And More
Repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire line allied machines, systems and components in the field. Prepare equipment for delivery. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and failures of machine and engines systems, and their components. Work in adverse weather conditions as needed. Accept all out of town assignments requiring extended overnight stays. Communicate orally and in writing information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding equipment conditions, problems and recommendations. Preferred 3 - 5 years' experience troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions and explanations to associates, clients and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Demonstrated technical skill competence.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent attendance.
- Must currently have a valid CDL license, or receive a CDL license within 60 days from your hire date.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license.
- Required DOT licensing, medical card and endorsements as vehicle size dictates.*
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Completion of TRAIN test evaluation.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.32 - $37.56 per hour