Wheeler's vision is that all people will have the opportunity to grow, change and live healthier, productive lives. Our mission is to provide equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Are you looking to be part of a team?!
The family support worker may be for you!
The Support Worker works as part of the foster care team to provide in home services to foster families and foster youth using an evidenced based practice family model of functional family therapy-foster care. Staff will receive extensive training and regular coaching in the model, while working with the family therapist to help stabilize youth in the family.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
BA/BS degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Criminal Justice or related field is required. At least 1-2 years of case management and/or coordination of services, working with complex family systems and experience providing in home services is required. Effective time management, strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Bilingual Spanish and English speaking candidate preferred.
Office based in Plainville, CT but will work in the Waterbury community
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
- For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
- For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- For Retirement
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
- For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
- For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off
- 15 vacation days in the first year
- 2 personal days
- 2 floating holidays starting January 1st
- 8 sick days
- 9 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts on cell phone services
Wheeler Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.