The Financial Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial compliance for the Club at Crested Butte. This position will perform general accounting responsibilities and oversee internal and external financial communication.
- Maintain financial records for all Club holdings.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain all membership financial statements, statement distribution, and ensure timely payment from members.
- Maintain General Ledger and bank reconciliations, research cash transactions and variances.
- Issue expense reporting and analysis.
- Perform internal audits monthly, quarterly, and annually as required.
- Perform constant analysis of company finances to prevent fraud.
- Create and execute polices and procedures related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, etc.
- Prepare and file all local, state, and federal tax filings.
- Meet all financial reporting and tax filing deadlines.
- Monitor and report on departmental budgets and P&L statements.
- Maintain operational coding and revise as required.
- Update Asset List.
- Process Sales Tax payments and filing.
- Assist AP accountant.
- Initiate and implement further improvements to all accounting policies and procedures.
- Support day to day operations as needed.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) license preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Possesses high ethical standards.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Customer focused.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel.
- Knowledge of club software management systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $78,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Crested Butte, CO 81224: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: In person