Experienced Gardener / Horticulturist / Landscaper
$16 - $20 per hour DOE
Full-time (35 to 45 hrs a week)
Part-time (3-4 Days a week)
Summer work Nursery/Shop ( 2-3 Days a week)
Job locations: Poulsbo, Indianola, Bainbridge Island, Belfair, and Port Ludlow.
- Relevant Work: 3 years (Encouraged)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Horticulture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Gardening/Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
Applications need a resume and cover letter explaining why you feel this job would be a good fit for you. We also need to know what position you are interested in and if you are applying for Summer help or Full time.
Full Job Descriptions:
- Our team is seeking a few individuals with a vast understanding of plant care and great attention to detail.
- There are some openings for helpers who can weed, water plants, and be reliable.
- We also have a few positions open that are perfect for college students on summer break
The owners are true Gen X'ers; we work hard and play hard. We expect the same from you so don't be surprised when you're invited to play Diskgolf or Trivia with us.
Some of what we do on the job site is plant and tree care, vegetable and cutting gardens, rose care, irrigation- both drip and spray, pruning, soil care, containers, planting, and seasonal needs.
- We always have a beautiful view! and you get to work outdoors. We care; if it's a hot day we often have cold drinks for breaks and we might even buy ice cream. If it's rainy...buy rain gear ;) and we will try to adjust break times to avoid the worst of it. In the fall/ winter, where I can, we have hot water for tea, cocoa, coffee. I've also been known to call the leads and get everyones Starbucks orders.
- We are a fun crew who work with each other and we try to enjoy our time on the job site.
- Some days are long and some are short.
- We provide job site drinks (Gatorade, Izzys, Water, etc., make a request and it might show up) and snacks.
- We find ways to spoil our team and we care about you. You get Christmas and Labor day as a paid holidays, with the option of taking many holidays off for a 3-day weekend. We have a Christmas party and other celebrations throughout the year. We also offer PTO after 3 months. On our team, you can request unpaid days off too, with as much flexibility as we can offer. Remember you are part of a team so others may want some days off too. *This is with the exception of the busy season, usually April to July, or upcoming events, where we may ask you to hold off.
* Please note we are very busy right now and will be. So it may take a minute to get back to you as we build up a bigger team. The good side to this is once we hire you, we have lots of work and can keep you on through the winter. We tend to take a week or two off at Christmas time.
What we are looking for:
- Our full-time candidates would have a strong background in plant knowledge
- Someone with an exceptional eye for detail.
We can work with someone who....
- Has a great work ethic, and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Applicants will need a valid WSDL and reliable transportation with the willingness to drive to various client locations. Working on carpool options again.
- Enthusiasm to learn on and off the job is expected.
- You should be able to lift and move a wheelbarrows of mulch/soil/gravel. Notice I didn't say how full it had to be.
- Are you able to weed, learn what is a weed, kneel, hold a hose, set up a sprinkler, use a cell phone and walkie-talkie....? haha
We have openings for Full-time, Part-time, and Seasonal employment in the following positions.
Assistant Gardener: Duties would include garden bed work, plant diagnosis and care, pathway/driveway clean-up, storm clean-up, mowing, edging, mulching, staking, and planting. Pay scale depends on experience, all full-time team members will receive paid holidays and opportunities to advance within the company.
Ornamental Horticulturist Assistant: Duties would include the tedious care of specialty plants including but not limited to various varieties of roses, dahlias and annuals. Duties also include garden bed work, plant diagnosis, staking, watering, fertilizing, and assisting in container care and design. This position is ideal for someone with an exceptional eye for detail and color schemes.
Summer and general labor:
Duties would include garden bed/pathway/driveway clean-up, storm clean-up, mowing, edging, mulching, staking, watering, and blowing.
* If you are looking for part-time the days must be set and/or flexible to our needs.
We have one opening that is flexible for two or three days a week Gardening. This is mostly watering and weeding around the Shop and Nursery area. Some specialty flower care is also involved working with Roses, Dahlias, many other plants in the test garden. This position also includes potting up plants, some propagation care, along with dividing plants and tubers. You will be monitoring the health of the plants and moving them to larger pots as needed.
IMPORTANT :To be considered for a position with us we will need the following information.
Applications need a resume and cover letter explaining why you feel this job would be a good fit for you. We also need to know what position you are interested in and if you are applying for Summer help, The Nursery, or Full time.
Answer all questions on this posting.
- Multiple locations
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Poulsbo, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What position are you applying for? Assistant Gardener, Ornamental Horticulturist Assistant, Summer and general labor, or Nursery/ Shop.
- If you are looking for part-time, how many days a week can you work?
- Have you included a resume AND cover letter? Applicants providing a cover letter telling us why you want to join the team will be given higher consideration.
- If you currently reside outside of Kitsap County and are planning on moving to the area, please provide more information on your moving plans and why you feel this is the right fit for you.
- Gardening: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person