Rejuv Medical is looking for a full-time, highly motivated, Fitness Trainor / Group Fitness Instructor to join our amazing team. If you are ambitious and goal oriented, have a proven history of high-value marketability, and are able and willing to develop your personal and organizational brand, genuinely care about total health / lifestyle management , and a leadership style based on a "servant leadership" philosophy then Rejuv Medical may be a good fit for you.
Summary: Responsible for assisting clients with achieving health and fitness goals through the utilization of the Rejuv Medical's total health management model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedules and manages client’s appointments, reschedules, and/or finds a substitute if needed. Substitutions should be approved by the fitness manager.
2. Educates clients on behavior modification related to a healthy lifestyle, such as stress management, weight control, and athletic performance.
3. Performs initial and follow-up exercise consultations and physical fitness assessments for clients and/or members as assigned.
4. Consults and reaches out to new, current, and past clients and members for purposes of recruiting and maintaining a client base according to retention guidelines.
5. Acts as a resource for people using the fitness center space.
6. Records clients’ histories, daily progress and maintains complete and accurate client files administers body fat composition tests, and documents clients’ weight and measurements according to their goals.
7. Conducts research and provides instruction on subject matter related to athletic training or projects related to people working on weight loss.
8. Develops and administer fun and exciting training programs for one-on-one clients and small or large groups.
9. Assists and administers metabolic testing and medical fitness standardization and protocol.
10. Assists and participates in outreach and community activities including marketing projects, lunch-and-learns, etc. as determined by the Personal Fitness Manager or other leadership, as assigned.
11. Spends adequate time prepping for training sessions to include clean-up.
12. Attends all mandatory team meetings and training sessions unless pre-approved by management.
13. Provide suggestions to leadership regarding client recruitment strategies and opportunities to improve community engagement, department growth, innovative program and course recommendations, and overall personal and organizational growth and development.
14. Assist in building and developing a viable and resourceful virtual training program.
Required education, knowledge, skills, and other abilities:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Personal Training Certification from an accredited institution.
· B.S. Kinesiology (or related) preferred
Minimum Required Experience:
· Two years of related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in personal fitness training or health & fitness preferred.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
Trainings / Certifications:
· Current nationally accredited personal training certificate
· Current CPR and AED certificate preferred.
Dress Code / Uniform:
· Rejuv Medical approved logo apparel: black shirt and black pants, professional athletic wear.
· Rejuv Medical will supply all gym staff Rejuv Medical shirts.
· Colored shirts or tank tops may be worn as long as a Rejuv logoed shirt or jacket is worn on top.
· Athletic shoes must be Rejuv colors only: blue, black, gray, and/or white.
· Knowledge of basic exercise equipment function.
· Knowledge of general office equipment.
· Ability to effectively schedule and manage client appointments utilizing Rejuv systems when applicable.
· Higher level understanding of good nutrition and the ability to promote, train, and motivate clients into a healthy nutrition-based lifestyle.
· Ability to develop formal documents and retain records such as Client Training Programs, Body Fat Composition Tests, etc.
· Data entry.
· Ability and willingness to participate in outreach and community health and wellness activities.
· Active listening
· Critical thinking skills
· Service orientation
· Time management
· Ability to document/record information
· Communication skills
· Ability to ethically increase / improve sales based on position and departmental knowledge in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and expectations.
Benefits and Incentive Options:
Medical (currently 2 election options available), Dental, Vision, 401k with specific Company matching, Short & Long Term Disability, Company paid $50,000 Life Insurance (additional voluntary Life Insurance available for you, your spouse, and your children), Hospital Indemnity, Accident Indemnity, Cancer Care, generous Personal Time Off (PTO), Daycare Flex Account, Health Savings Account (HSA), 8 Paid Holidays, No nights or overnights, No weekends, Free all access usage for on-site gym facility for you and a +1 (includes all boot camps and studio classes), Discount on a personal trainer, Educational reimbursement allowance, "Employee and Family" service and procedure discounts (includes 6 FREE clinic visits for the family combined), Significant discount and health and wellness supplements, and so much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waite Park, MN 56387: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Developing innovative and unique training programs: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal and organizational promotion / marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Virtual training program: 1 year (Preferred)
- Group fitness: 1 year (Preferred)
- One-on-One Fitness Training: 2 years (Preferred)
- Conducting body fat composition tests: 1 year (Preferred)
- Actively and proactively developing client base: 1 year (Preferred)
- Promoting healthy nutrition-based lifestyle: 2 years (Preferred)
- Record retention and documentation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Training Certification (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person