More than 27,000 students from all backgrounds bring diverse perspectives to our classrooms and campus life, from the tree-lined Park Blocks to the bustling Urban Plaza and state-of-the-art science labs. We are proud of our world-class faculty, groundbreaking research and international reputation for excellence in sustainability, community engagement and innovation.
For information about the Disability Resource Center (DRC), please visit https://www.pdx.edu/disability-resource-center/
The Front Office Coordinator will also manage communication to our students by drafting and sending out the weekly electronic newsletter and maintaining a consistent, inclusive, and accessible social media presence.
The Front Office Coordinator facilitates many of the finer details involved in ensuring our office functions effectively, providing general office support to DRC staff as needed.
- Two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
- An Associate’s degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
- Graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology AND one year of general clerical experience.
College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis, and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One year of postsecondary education may be substituted for up to one year of the experience.
- Willingness to engage with ongoing anti-ableism and anti-racism work at the DRC.
- Experience working with people who have disabilities, crisis management, and familiarity with Accessible Information Management (AIM) database or other database systems, and experience with purchasing/managing a budget.
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universitieshttps://www.pdx.edu/human-resources/benefits-overview