For over 50 years, Spunstrand® Inc. has furnished miles of underslab HVAC duct systems, above ground industrial and municipal duct systems and various special applications. Installations are in every state and foreign countries. All these years and miles of pipe have produced a multitude of reliable services available to engineers, contractors, and architects.
What we Need
We are looking for experienced fabricators excited to join our manufacturing facility in Wallace Idaho. We are searching for a FRP Fabricator that will be responsible for fabrication of composite structures. This role requires the ability to understand FRP build specifications like Smacna and PS1569 and a strong ability to interpret and build from design drawings. Fabrication will include manifolding of FRP HVAC ducting, tank, scrubber, mist grease units for wastewater treatment plants. This position works closely with Factory leadership on new innovative ways to create better value for the customer and the company.
The right team member to help support our company mission which is:
Sustainable and controlled growth through superior FRP manufacturing, committed customer service, integrity, innovation, and product diversification.
What our employee receive
Our company offers great benefits and competitive pay. This position is non-exempt, and hours are 7am to 3pm, Monday thru Friday (Summer hours are four 10’s – 6am to 4pm). After a short introductory period you will be eligible for medical, dental, vision, disability Insurance, voluntary insurance such as accident, critical Illness, and more!
We also provide a 401k retirement plan with company matching contributions. Along with our strong benefit package, employees are also eligible for ten (10) paid holidays and paid vacation that grows in time as you grow with the company. If this has intrigued your interest, please keep reading for job details.
What the Position Entails
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Fabrication skills – putting duct together from drawings
· Strong multi-tasking/prioritization skills
· Can operate small forklifts
· Gel coat and painting skills
· Experienced in mold preparation, lay-up processes and FRP fabrication
· Technical knowledge in the maintenance and care of chopper equipment
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings
· Strong attention to detail and ability to identify product and material defects
· Attends staff trainings and meetings as requested.
· Adheres to the company’s principles, demonstrating behaviors that support teamwork and a positive work environment.
· Willingness to participate in requests that may fall outside normal job functions
· Subscribes to the code of conduct
What abilities will you bring
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team Basic math skills in geometry and algebra
- Must be able to work well with coworkers, members, and management
- Proven track record of working safely in an industrial setting
- Is accountable and reliable.
- Must have a cooperative, positive, and optimistic attitude
- Be aware of continued quality control and feedback of quality work
- Follow through and complete assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Experience and Education we are looking for
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 plus years’ experience in tank/scrubber manufacturing
- 3 plus years’ experience with chopper gun in FRP fabrication
What are the Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continual standing and walking during shift
- Continual reaching with hands/fingers/arms during shift
- Continual climbing, balancing, kneeling and crouching during shift
- Some lifting and moving of heavy manufactured parts.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds
- Will encounter toxic chemicals. SDS will be provided prior to start of position.
This job operates in a manufacturing facility located in Wallace, Idaho surrounded by beautiful mountains. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
This role routinely uses standard hand tools related to preventative maintenance of equipment and systems. Employee is expected to work 40 hours per work week. Events may occur during evenings and weekends. Travel may be required occasionally between the factory and corporate office. If we sound like the right fit for you and you are qualified for this position, we would love to talk to you. Please apply today!
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wallace, ID 83873: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- chopper gun in FRP fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
- tank/scrubber manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person