Overland Park Regional Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Graduate Nurse Career Pathway to Critical Care position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Join our Newest Program as a New Graduate! We want to help you develop your skills from the very beginning of your career. If you goal is Women's Services, we can establish strong nursing skills, with a confirmed pathway to develop you to those units in 18 months.
What we Offer:
- Start on Medical Surgical Unit, Orthopedics Neuro Trauma, or Telemetry Unit for your first year to obtain a foundation of nursing
- Full Time Hours
- 3 Meetings with Directors on ICU/CVICU
- Structured department shadows
- Opportunity to transfer to specialty area through interviewing process
Overland Park Regional Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Overland Park Regional Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program
- ATT Letter, NCLEX test Date or RN license by start date
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are Johnson County’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children’s healthcare services. We offer the region’s only Maternal Fetal Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies. Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000 patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Graduate Nurse Career Pathway to Critical Care opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.