Rose Villa is seeking Full-time and Part-time Groundskeepers I or II to join our team!
Rose Villa has 22+ acres of mature grounds, a community garden, Backyard Habitat Certified yards and neighborhoods, and hundreds of roses. Rose Villa residents live in home-like spaces that connect to the outside and allow continued love for gardening and interacting with nature. Groundskeepers serve as a primary contact on grounds issues and day-to-day tasks and are responsible for performing a wide variety of preventative, routine landscape maintenance, as well as oversight of the campus waste management needs.
Who we are: Not your typical retirement community! We are a nonprofit Life Plan community in SE Portland. As an organization, Rose Villa is full of ideas, very collaborative, and recognizes that everyone—including residents, families, and employees—is a contributor.
Our mission is supporting older adults to live the life of their choosing and our core values are:
- Start with yes- all ideas are valid and will be explored
- Curiosity is critical- ask questions first, always
- Assume positive intent- think the best of the other person and they will do the same for you
- Embrace quirky- we are not a cookie cutter community and neither are our residents and staff
We work hard to make sure Rose Villa is a place where people want to work. We have once again been named by Oregon Business Magazine as one of the 100 best Non-profits to work for in Oregon!
Wage and benefits:
- Goundskeeper I starting wage is $17.00-$20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Groundskeeper II starting wage is $20.00-$25.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Choice of medical, dental and vision plans (full time only)
- 15 Days Paid Time Off in your first year PLUS 7 paid holidays (full time only)
- Paid sick time (part time only)
- Significant retirement plan match
- Discount at the on-site restaurant – incredible food, including many vegan and gluten-free options
- Access to the on-site saline pool and fitness facilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Prior experience, at least 2 years, working in a horticultural or grounds-related field preferred.
- A general proficiency operating a wide range of industry-relevant tools and equipment.
- Previous grounds experience working in a campus environment, university, hospital or senior living community is a plus
- Hardscaping, fencing, and irrigation skills a plus
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Rose Villa here: https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/90523.careers?rnd=XIN&logout=1&ShowAllOpenings=&%40rtm=1&sessionEnd=1
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Groundskeeping: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person