The Deficiency Tracking/Susp Analyst is responsible for compiling, organizing and analyzing patient medical records for Hospital Inpatient and Hospital Outpatient services to support the network goals for accuracy, timeliness and completeness for purposes of continued patient care, revenue and compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), The Joint Commission (TJC) and the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) Network policies and procedures.
Retrieves paper records of all discharged patients from the nursing units in each campus.
- Ensures all discharged charts are accounted for, utilizing the Chart Reconciliation work queue in Epic.
- Creates a list of all charts not received and communicates with nursing and ancillary staff to resolve status.
- Organizes and assembles charts to remove documents that should not be scanned into the legal medical record and ensures that each page has the correct patient information.
- Prepares medical records for scanning including labeling of documents removing staples and tape.
- Scans documents into the legal medical record ensuring the complete original document is scanned appropriately for data integrity.
- Performs quality control (QC) of all scanned images for accuracy of the patient chart- image is exact replica of the original paper document. Rescans and reindexes original document when necessary according to procedure.
- Investigates, analyzes, verifies patient information utilizing multiple hospital computer applications to perform Document Corrections to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the patient record.
- Assists with medical record merging of potential duplicates as necessary and accurately completes potential duplicate merges as per departmental policy.
- Accurately reviews and analyzes HI deficiencies in Epic with a 98% accuracy rate which includes selecting the responsible physician(s).
- Performs re-analysis of records accurately ensuring information meets regulatory requirements regarding content.
- Continuously monitors and reviews Chart Deficiency work queues ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Performs physician suspension process by sending notification to the providers on their delinquent records.
- Assists physicians in the completion of their medical record deficiencies as needed.
- Generates Release of Information (ROI) reports for patient transfers.
- Assists patients with MyChart issues, providing verification codes, password assistance, and proxy access.
- On a timely basis, requests archived medical records from the storage vendor as needed.
- Answers the telephone within three rings identifying self and the department.
- Responds professionally and addresses the caller's needs appropriately.
- Routes medical record requests received to the ROI vendor.
- Advises Coordinator or Supervisor on situations requiring follow-up.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
- Experience in health information or health care or related field.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!