TSL Companies is one of the most technologically advanced international transportation firms in the country. We provide our customers with transportation of their products via ocean, rail and over-the-road trucking to locations worldwide. TSL has been family owned since its origination in 1981. We believe in growing individuals and promoting from within.
Competitive Wages Based on Experience & Qualifications
Heavy Equipment Technician Duties:
- Work outdoors on heavy lift equipment: gantry cranes, forklifts, welders and other heavy lift material handling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment- electrical, hydraulic, diesel and mechanical.
- Utilize technical knowledge on full range of equipment.
- Support Customers by effectively interfacing with customer and internally as needed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs.
- Provide clear work order documentation and reports when needed.
- Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Special projects or work as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the service and repair of industrial equipment and knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to pass E-Rail Safe program.
- Willingness to travel at will throughout the United States.
- Safety and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Travel of 50% required.
- Field related certificates and endorsements.
- Capable of reading variable schematic logic for both low/high voltage electrical and a variety of hydraulics.
- Medical Insurance (PPO and HDHP Options)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.50 - $100.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Heavy lifting equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hydraulics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person