Reports to: Lead House Services Coordinator (LHSC)
Pay Grade Minimum: $18.30 | Maximum: $22.40
Under the supervision of the LHSC of the home, the HC is responsible for the coordination and implementation of services for a group home where adults with developmental disabilities reside. This position is responsible for ensuring the needs of the individuals living in the assigned group home are met. The Lead Staff is also responsible for ensuring basic systems are in place and operating successfully within the assigned residential site. This includes, but is not limited to, medication administration, active treatment, supply inventory, laundry, staff assignment sheets, menu/meal planning and maintenance, following policies and procedures and safety of the group home site. The position interfaces with staff, peers, management, families, neighbors, medical practitioners, Regional Center Service Coordinators and Regulatory agencies.
- Oversee and assist, when necessary, with client self-care and provide specialized, intensive independent living skills training in the area of self-care, personal hygiene, medical and health needs, nutrition, care of clothing, money management, household maintenance, etc.
- Oversee and assist, when necessary, and ensure that recreational, social and leisure needs of residents are addressed.
- In collaboration with QIDP/Lead HSC, assign and train new direct support staff on essential job duties, agency policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely communication with LHSC and QIDP informed about employee performance and other concerns as identified.
- Development, implementation, and oversight for the development and implementation of the daily household schedule, laundry schedule, and activity schedule, that ensures maximum involvement of residents and that individual needs are met through active treatment.
- Timely identify and communicate maintenance needs in the home, in accordance with agency procedures - report to the Facilities Director, LHSC and QIDP.
- Actively attend and participate in all required meetings. Assist LHSC in ensuring proper attendance and communication to staff.
- Properly oversee medication administration process to ensure the Medication Administration Policy (MAP) and Agency guidelines are met. Administer medication, as needed, in accordance with Agency, DDS and Medication Administration Procedures.
- Ensure human rights of individuals are safeguarded in all interventions and interactions. Ensure staff maintain appropriate responses to individual behavior and are following behavior plan.
- Ensure each resident’s IPP goals and objectives are being followed consistently. Ensure data collection and documentation is being completed daily.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with funding sources, regulatory agencies, day programs, families, and neighbors.
- Work in cooperation with direct support staff to ensure client’s successful participation in appropriate recreational and community activities.
- Proactively monitor facility vehicles’ condition and ensures safe operation of vehicle(s). Report any vehicle concerns to the Facilities Director immediately. Notify the LHSC and QIDP of reported vehicle concerns.
- Provide transportation and/or accompany residents to doctor’s appointments or for medical treatment as requested by Nursing Department.
- Ensure all incident, accident reports and human rights issues are reported immediately or as soon as possible according to agency policy/procedures and licensing regulations.
- Monitor home for safe practices.
· Complete Fire and Disaster Drills as directed by the LHSC/QIDP to meet the Life Safety requirement.
· Monitor the cleaning of the wheelchair and adaptive devices. Report equipment repair needs, in a timely manner to the LHSC and QIDP
· Ensure Infection Control practices / COVID -19 protocols for Infection Control are being implemented.
· Ensure that universal precautions is being used and residents rooms are clean and organized. Ensure chemicals, detergents and food are properly stored (locked cabinets) according to regulations.
· Responsible for auditing inventory household items and notifying LHSC of facility needs.
· Two (2) years of related direct support experience.
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED
· Must have understanding of normal household management, meal planning, and preparation, first aid, and home maintenance routines.
· Must meet all insurance and mandatory licensing and agency requirements
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and work in a team-centered environment.
· Maintain a valid CA driver’s license with a driving record that is acceptable for TLC’s insurance carrier.
· Ability to lift 10 to 100 pounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is primarily housed in a temperature controlled house. Several times a week there are outside activities and therefore the working conditions are subject to weather elements, i.e. sun, wind, rain. Occasional driving the residents is required including assisting them into and out of agency vehicle(s) for community outings and supervising residents safety while in the community. There are pool activities that require getting into an enclosed, heated swimming pool and/or Jacuzzi. This position can be moderately physical. There is frequent standing, bending, sitting for periods of time, and fast-paced walking. Assisting residents in wheelchairs, with walkers, gait-belts that require pushing, supporting and guiding. Frequent lifting of weight that varies between 10-100 pounds. On occasion, residents may become physical including but not limited to hitting, hair pulling, kicking, grabbing, and biting.
Frequently, you are exposed to residents bodily fluids which can include saliva (drool), blood, urine, fecal matter. Stringent Universal Health Precautions are practiced.
Note: This description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.30 - $22.40 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reseda, CA 91335: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Developmental disabilities: 2 years (Required)
- Caregiving: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location