Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Housekeeper? At Wesley Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Wesley Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Housekeeper like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under direct supervision, performs daily cleaning tasks for patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, offices, clinic areas and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department and in accordance with facility standards and objectives.
- Perform all Housekeeping related tasks demonstrating service orientation to patients, visitors, fellow employees, doctors , nurses and other hospital staff.
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces
- Empties, wipes and relines wastebaskets
- Damp wipe disinfects all furniture
- Cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms
- Dust mops and damp mops floors
- Spot clean walls and windows
- Polishes metal surfaces
- Replenishes paper and soap supplies
- Strips bed linens to perform discharge cleaning
- Performs discharge cleaning as needed
- Performs precaution room cleaning as needed
- Uses a safety ladder to remove and replace cubicle curtains
- Vacuums carpets, spot cleans as needed
- Transports soiled linen to collection point
- Measure and mix bleach and other cleaning solutions
- Assist in cleaning up of spills as needed
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommend repairs as needed
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For more than 100 years, Wesley Healthcare has provided exceptional care to thousands of families in Wichita and throughout Kansas and Northern Oklahoma. Wesley Medical Center is a member of the Wesley Healthcare network within Greater Wichita and has been an HCA Healthcare hospital since 1985.
Our physicians treat more than 24,000 patients annually, making Wesley Medical Center the most preferred hospital in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Additionally, our obstetricians and childbirth staff deliver more than 6,000 babies each year, more than any hospital in a 13-state region.
Home to Wesley Children's Hospital, the region's first and Wichita's only children's hospital, we care for children in a unique space designed specially for kids and their families. And as a Level I Trauma Center and the only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Kansas, we are prepared to treat any medical emergency, any time of day.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Housekeeper opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.