Scion Nonprofit has been engaged to conduct a search for an Individual Giving Manager for our client, an impactful food accessibility and social service nonprofit in Chicago, IL! This is a direct-hire opportunity offering a full-time hybrid work schedule. If you are looking for a meaningful and mission driven work environment, then this is the opportunity for you!
This position with our Client requires employees to report to work at a physical location. As a cautionary measure, our Client is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Permanent employment opportunity!
- The opportunity to make a difference in the social service and food accessibility space!
- Competitive salary and exceptional benefits: generous PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, Healthcare flexible spending account, 401(K) retirement plan, and more!
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with the Donor Development and Fundraising Leaders to expand the fundraising/development program for annual donors contributing amounts greater than $2,500 per year.
- Manage a portfolio of 150+ assigned qualified relationships applying a solicitation plan for each donor/prospect.
- Use the moves management process to identify new prospects and deepen existing relationships with major donors.
- Assist with the coordination of growth/capital campaigns as needed.
- Provide senior staff support to ensure effective execution of their portfolios.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the organization’s Planned Giving Program.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Department in drafting all donor communications (emails, newsletters, direct mail letters, and/or annual reports).
- Oversee the execution of annual appeals.
- Work closely with the Development & Database Coordinator to pull and analyze reports to track and understand donor trends.
- Assist with all fundraising events by preparing assignments for the Leadership Team, Development Team, and Development Committee members.
- Represent organization in donor meetings, community events and other opportunities throughout the year.
- Support donor cultivation and solicitation documentation through Salesforce pipeline, call notes and ticklers while generating thank you notes, follow-up letters and other communications as needed.
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years of Nonprofit fundraising and/or Individual giving experience
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated record of success in executing on an individual giving plan.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral skills with the ability to make dynamic group presentations.
- Experience with Google suite, Microsoft Office programs and use of relational databases such as Salesforce and online fundraising portals.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and manage up accordingly.
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior leadership, board members, consultants, colleagues and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain successful interpersonal relationships with donors and constituents.
Compensation and benefits:
This opportunity offers a competitive salary of $65,000-$73,000, depending on experience, plus incredible benefits including generous medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, sick time, and personal time, 401(K) retirement plan, virtual medical support (Teladoc), employee assistance program, flexible spending account, short/long-term disability coverage, and more!
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply today!
About Our Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes list of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a Clearly Rated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about our firm and our practices can be found online. Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
For opportunities located in a region that has enacted fair chance, arrest, or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We engage in socially conscious business practices and believe that diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-biased talent and recruitment processes are foundational to the success of Scion as well as every client organization with whom we partner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $73,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person