Are you a person who believes in providing great care? Do you believe in having a positive impact on other people's lives? Are you a team-player, quick-thinker, and ready to be a part of an organization that supports your growth?
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We believe care goes beyond a medical chart. With kindness and integrity as our guide, we strive for excellence in every interaction.
Responsible for the facility infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP), which is designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment and to help prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections. Facility located in Pueblo, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates commitment to company's mission, values and standards of ethical behavior.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and directs the facility's infection prevention and control program in accordance with current company policies and procedures, ensuring that facility is in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, and local regulations concerning infection prevention and control.
- Participates in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies as requested.
- Monitors infection prevention and control practices and procedures to ensure that all personnel are implementing standard operating procedures for tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Makes rounds of nursing units for the purpose of case findings, review of environmental sanitation procedures, and supervision of isolation precautions/practices.
- Reviews and analyzes infectious disease laboratory reports and consults with DON to assure that aseptic techniques are implemented.
- Ensures that all personnel follow established procedures for disposal of infective and contaminated materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-3 years' experience providing direct care to multiple patients/residents preferred; previous experience as Charge Nurse in Skilled Nursing environment desirable; supervisory experience preferred
- Nursing degree from accredited college or graduation from am approved RN program required
- Current unencumbered license to practice as an RN in Colorado
- Current, valid CPR certification
- Knowledge of, or training in, adult learning or previous training experience preferred
- If performing infection prevention and control duties must possess a working knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases, and aseptic technique to include universal precautions.
- Supervisory and training experience highly desirable