Tittle : Information Security Analyst
Job Type : Full Time
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Scheduled work from home days
1-2 days a week remote | 2 Openings.
Job Category: Information Technology - Computer Network Security
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of security solutions that protect the company systems, as well as monitoring Teachers enterprise network for security events. The Information Security Analyst will coordinate the continuous protection of systems and information assets by working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance to the provisions of the Information Security Policies and Standards.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, with minimum of 3 years work experience in cybersecurity operations support or administration. (or Associate’s degree with minimum of 4 years’ experience).
- CompTIA Security+ or ISC2 equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (Python, Powershell, etc) a plus.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, management and deployment of security tools and applications – IPS/IDS, DLP, IAM, SIEM, EDR, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of the threat landscape, including current trends, attack vectors, threat actors’ tactics, techniques and processes, and assist in implementing countermeasures.
- Assist with remediation efforts from vulnerability assessments and compliance audit findings, and escalates exceptions to Security Leadership
- Analyze events and alerts from security monitoring tools to investigate, contain and eradicate identified security incidents.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date documentation details, including standard operating procedures, of deployed technical solutions and new/existing security processes.
- Collaborate with internal (IT teams and other business units) and external (managed services providers) stakeholders in ensuring compliance to approved standards and prompt resolution of cybersecurity and other related issues.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Cybersecurity Manager.
- Strong understanding of networking and information security concepts and fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of network and host-based security technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based architecture and models.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- CompTIA Security+
- ISC2 equivalent certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hauppauge, NY 11788: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- cybersecurity operations support or administration: 5 years (Required)
- networking & information security concepts and fundamentals.: 5 years (Required)
- host-based security technologies.: 5 years (Required)
- troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.: 5 years (Required)
- cloud-based architecture and models.: 5 years (Required)
- CompTIA Security+ or ISC2 equivalent certification preferred (Required)
- CompTIA Security+ (Required)
- Associate of (ISC)² (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Speak with the employer