Venesco is looking for an IT HELP DESK Technician for the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. Previous NAVY or Military experience is desired. Qualified applicants must be US Citizens and hold or be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
- Assists in resolving complex IT program and implementation issues, especially with cross platform data and IT systems that require coordination and compatibility.
- Provides suggestions as appropriate on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts on established policies, broad program goals, or projected timetables.
- Evaluates new applications software technologies.
- Writes and maintains program documentation.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Support the use of programs i.e. Microsoft Office suite, the development and support of database systems.
- Technology assessment support for intramural DoD programs.
- Interface with Command databases to update/consolidate project data, manage projects, add missing information and run queries.
- Maintain editing guidelines and products lists web and server side.
- Develop and manage the Command manuscript approval process web and server side.
- Facilitate equipment tracking, manage equipment, maintain Command inventory and consult on Command procurement.
- Facilitate and support command information management to include the
Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Facilitate and assist government with various HR tasks and provide support web and server side.
- Facilitate interaction between Command leadership and officials
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or demonstrated equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience specifically in an IT environment
- Experience with C++, Java, visual basic and SQL familiarity.
- Current VMware datacenter certification.
- CompTIA Security+, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or higher certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+).
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), training guides, quick references, tutorials, and User Guides.
- Experience providing technical help desk support to all end users and customers.
- Experience working in military environment with military technical documents including point papers, policies, and messages.
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Help Desk: 2 years (Preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ (Preferred)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) (Preferred)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) (Preferred)
- VMware datacenter (Preferred)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (Preferred)
- Secret (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in San Diego, CA