Landscape Architect - Memphis, TN
Full-Time - Competitive Salary Based on Experience
Are you a steady and systematic professional looking to join a busy firm that values loyalty, stability and consistency? Do you work best within established procedures that allow you to produce creative, innovative solutions for your clients? Are you passionate about connecting people with their environment and laying the foundation for healthy and vibrant communities? If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, we may be exactly what you have been looking for!
We are searching for a Landscape Architect for our headquarters in Memphis, TN to support our Land Planning Department. Reporting directly to our Manager of Land Planning and Landscape Architecture, the successful candidate will work alongside professionals both within their department and from other in-house disciplines including Architecture , Structural Engineering and Land Development.
Our Landscape Architecture group promotes sustainable design and provides a wide range of services including parks and recreation, commercial planting, irrigation, and urban design. The team has developed numerous baseball, softball and soccer complexes, miles of bicycle paths, trails and greenways, and other recreational spaces. Our projects reflect the culmination of site context, history, culture, community and the natural environment to crease specific solutions which result in artfully created, distinctive spaces.
Headquartered in Memphis Tennessee, we are a leading multi-disciplined firm that includes engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects, environmental scientists, surveyors, engineering technicians, CADD technicians, and construction observers. We have a solid reputation providing services to a diverse list of public and private clients, with branch offices in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville,
TN, Houston, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Jonesboro, AR, and Chipley, FL.
Fisher Arnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we require all our new team members to work in a drug free environment and submit to an initial screening.
Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- 401(k) with Company Match Flexible Work Week (Half-Days Fridays)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Employee Assistance Programs
- 160 Hours Annual Paid Time Off Flexible Spending Account
- 9 Annual Paid Holidays Life insuranceEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Design - ability to meet deadlines, schedule project workflow, client interaction, coordination between other departments and disciplines, take ownership of a project.
- Public Meetings - ability to represent clients at various boards and committees (Design Review Commission, simple
Planning Commission applications, etc.)
- Business Development - prepare RFQ responses and smaller-scale proposals.
- Graphic Standards - bring improvements to our renderings, master plans, and graphic presentations.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or Land Planning
- Preferred experience in conceptual master planning project management, plant design, land development entitlements
- Familiarity with MS Office (with an emphasis on Word and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop)
- AutoCAD (1 year preferred) and SketchUp (1 year preferred)
- Ability to develop and create graphic presentations for meetings, interviews, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to [email protected] with “Landscape Architect Memphis” as the
Subject Line. Cover letters will be evaluated as a writing sample and should include your salary requirements and how you believe you can contribute to our organization. All correspondence regarding your application should be transmitted via email; no phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!
MEMPHIS | HOUSTON | INDIANAPOLIS | NASHVILLE
KNOXVILLE | CHATTANOOGA | JONESBORO | CHIPLEY
| www.fisherarnold.com |
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Memphis, TN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Sketchup: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person