TITLE: Learning Management System Administrator
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Uses adult learning principles and techniques to provide staff development and educational services that foster competency for the staff of Waterbury Health. Collaborates with organizational leadership, directors, assistant directors, managers and/or instructors to identify learning needs and to plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate educational programs directed toward the achievement of excellence in clinical care, practice, and support services. Activities may involve all adult age groups. Reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Assesses and identifies job training requirements and competencies for both clinical and nonclinical positions.
- Plans and develops educational activities and job aids using adult learning principles and various teaching methods (e.g., classroom instruction, eLearning, demonstrations, simulations, and case studies) to facilitate and enhance the achievement of individual, departmental, and institutional competency and training goals.
- Manages all activities within the learning management system including but not limited to negotiating contracts with vendors, determining and assigning appropriate security levels to users; creating courses, assigning courses and classes as appropriate; enrolling employees, community physicians, and contracted healthcare providers into classes; granting credit for and/or grading classes; running reports to monitor completion / delinquency rates; distributing reports to appropriate personnel (e.g., supervisors, managers, and directors) for review and follow up; troubleshooting system problems as appropriate.
- Leads the design and creation of learning & development deliverables by participating with instructors and educators in the creation of course materials by leveraging advanced design/development techniques and tools to suit learning needs of the target audience authoring online courses; creating tests; managing digital media delivery services.
- Manages and integrates all course content into the learning management ensuring that all courses offered are easily accessible and meets current evidence-based practice.
- Develops, administers, and interprets results from appropriate program evaluation tools to determine effectiveness of training programs and events. Revises course curriculum based on program evaluation results.
- Facilitates and maintains required documentation for new employee orientation and other mandatory education, ensuring subjects required by Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies are covered appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge of Joint Commission standards and institutional / departmental standards related to employee orientations and on-going employee competencies. Responds to regulatory violations by ensuring all required educational events are assigned and available for completion.
- Maintains required documentation for employee resuscitation certifications, professional certifications, and continuing education credits for employee compliance and license/certification renewal.
- Partners with facility-level educators and instructors to drive training delivery consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Troubleshooting and facilitating the resolution of system problems.
- Participate in the design, test, and implementations of the system.
- Monitoring system performance and usage to maintain security and reliability.
- Facilitates reconfigurations and upgrades.
- Accountable for special projects and all other duties as identified and assigned.
- Demonstrated competency in adult learning principles and techniques
- Demonstrated competency in the use of HealthStream and/or other learning management systems
- Demonstrated competency in classroom and/or small group instruction and facilitation
- Possesses interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to the audience including the ability to identify and use position-specific language and terminology
- Ability to manage complex projects with multi-month timelines, competing deadlines, and limited financial resources
- Ability to work well as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to stand or sit for two or more hours at a time without breaks
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working with and/or managing HealthStream and/or other learning management system
- Minimum two (2) years classroom / clinical teaching experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, or similar field required
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education or related field preferred
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
Location: Waterbury Hospital · Human Resources
Schedule: Part Time -, Days, 20 HR Days