South Pasadena Care Center is a thriving 156- bed facility. We are looking to hire full time and part time LVN Charge Nurses to join our team.
Applicant must have experience with med pass and SNF Charge Nurse responsibilities. Applicant for LVN Charge Nurse also must have weekend availability.
- Day Shift 7 am- 3:30 pm
- Afternoon Shift 3 pm- 11:30 pm
- Overnight Shift 11 pm- 7:30 am
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide nursing care to residents as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards of nursing practices, regulations and directed by the Director of Nursing. To lead or direct licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct Resident care and support functions.
- Must have a current LVN license
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out verbal or written instructions in English
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to be flexible and positive with intermittent interruptions
- To assure resident safety.
- Passing medications to residents.
- Provides the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients in the unit
- Makes nursing assignments appropriate to the skill level of employees
- Maintains acceptable standards of patient care
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders
- Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors
- Obtains and documents nursing history from the patient and/or significant other that is comprehensive of present condition and prior problems
- Records vital signs, notes changes, and pursues more-specific investigation as needed
- Assesses for and notifies physician and other appropriate parties of changes in condition such behaviors, appearance, mood and the like.
- Uses assessment information to develop a care plan before the end of duty time that communicates enough information for incoming personnel to adequately care for the patient
- Uses care plans as a basis for providing safe and therapeutic care to patients
- Consistently follows established standards, policies, and procedures in providing nursing care
- Communicates with the patient and his or her family and other members of the health care team in carrying out the goals of the care plan
- Responds appropriately in urgent and/or emergency situations.
Must pass a pre-employment background check and physical.
Full benefit package included for FT employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Wound Care
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- LVN License (Required)
Work Location: In person