With new ownership and supportive leadership at the helm since early 2022, Associated Materials is embarking on a transformation to maximize our potential through investments in people, operations, and brands.
If you want to be part of a company where your ideas and input are more than just encouraged—they’re valued—this is the place for you. At Associated Materials, you will be part of the change, and your contributions will provide an immediate and lasting impact, helping us achieve what’s possible.
Under minimal supervision, performs mid to expert level troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and reconditioning, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications of machinery, mechanical or electrical equipment. Perform advanced-level functions in the maintenance and repair of the facility including but it not limited to building, grounds, lighting, plumbing, HVAC, etc. Works with little or no supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs self-directed reactive and planned maintenance which includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examines parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditions and repairs machine tools.
- Performs simple welding tasks and orders supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots machine failures. Acts as a proactive project champion and works closely with planner/scheduler. Lays out, wire, builds, and troubleshoots electrical panels and/or other machinery to NFPA/NEC standards.
- Maintains the grounds and building exterior, by performing any one or up to two of the following technical disciplines; routine electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and HVAC repairs.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Troubleshooting 480 components to include drives and PLC software. BMC and Allen Bradley Knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of Omron, Barber colemen controllers. ABB, Reliance, and yaskawa drives.
- A/C and D/C drive repairs and installation is required. (Conversions)
- 5 plus years’ experience working in extrusion manufacturing preferred.
- 5 years working as an industrial electrician/maintenance preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to use measuring instruments and perform basic failure analysis
- Possess an understanding of electronic components to troubleshoot and repair
- Must be able to use hand and power tools
- Analyze and solve problems;
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Compute ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
Benefits of Working with Associated Materials
- Opportunity for growth
- Long standing business model in a changing market
- Premier company culture
- Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay
Associated Materials is a leader in exterior building products for residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets. We produce vinyl windows, vinyl and composite siding and accessories, and metal building products—and distribute other essential building products to ensure customers find everything they need for their exterior.
Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, more than 4,000 associates across North America support Associated Materials. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities and more than 100 Alside and over 20 Gentek supply centers across the United States and Canada. Through our unique combination of award-winning products, manufacturing and distribution operations, installation solutions, and support services, the opportunities at Associated Materials are endless!
Associated Materials is an equal opportunity employer.