Titan America, LLC, is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Planner for Roanoke Cement Company based in Troutville, VA. This salary exempt position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes. This position reports to the Technical Services Manager for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the Maintenance Planner is empowered to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan. In addition, the Planner provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving Preventive Maintenance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Core Planning Responsibilities
· Plan Work Orders: Serve as administrator for work order management system (Computerized Maintenance Management System - CMMS). Ensure that Work Orders are properly generated, planned and closed in relation to preventive maintenance and plant inspections.
· Build & Manage Knowledge: Develop knowledge within the maintenance team and leverage it for optimal performance by building and sharing a knowledge database to enhance job plans (inspection and execution).
· Support CMMS: Fully utilize CMMS capabilities in order to enable proper performance monitoring and develop Maintenance Master Plan. Which include, but are not limited to, KPI’s and Reporting, Maintenance Master Plan development, budgetary support and alignment, and support the Reliability Committee.
· Long Term Planning: Prepare annual and bi-annual maintenance schedules for all major plant equipment and plant areas (e.g. kiln, finish mills, etc.). Plans should include detailed schedules of all tasks to be performed, the necessary resources allocated both internal and external, the preparation of all work descriptions for outsourced activities, the identification and ordering of critical spares and/or special tools or equipment needed for the planned repairs, and the overall preparation of the major outage activities. Major outage schedules should include a budgetary estimate of the work to be performed.
· Monthly/Weekly Planning: Prepare monthly and weekly maintenance schedules of all major equipment and the preparation of all Preventive Maintenance work. Maintain frequent communication with the production department to ensure the equipment will be made available to maintenance when due for inspections and repairs.
· Daily planning: Prepare all maintenance activities to be performed each day according to mid/long-term plans, in addition to any identified issues from the plant operation (typically feedback from shift or production). Daily plans should include the list of tasks to be performed in each area of the plant, the allocation of necessary resources, the administration of the work orders issued or in the backlog (including any specific details - safety or otherwise) related to any of the tasks in the plan.
Core Scheduling Responsibilities:
· Collect Pre-Requisites: Ensure all inputs are available, by developing and maintaining a planned work order backlog, maintenance master plan, production plan, internal labor plan and confirming resource availability.
· Lead Scheduling Meetings: Validate priorities and availability of equipment. Set priorities for execution, keeping all involved plant functions aligned through daily/weekly meetings and backlog management.
· Create Schedules: Assign tasks to execution teams and contractors by aligning timelines (with all involved parties) based upon skillsets, confirmed availability of all resources, parts and tools.
· Monitor Tasks and Feedback: Monitor adherence to agreed schedule and collect execution feedback by reviewing executive feedback forms and making adjustments to maintenance schedule accordingly, updating the work order backlog and tracking work order executive performance.
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering field required.
· Mechanical/electrical background is necessary. Apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable.
· 3-4 years of experience in maintenance activities within large industrial organizations.
· SAP experience is preferred.
· Have adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job. Must have a demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
· Should have good written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
· Good math skills and computer skills.
· Good organizational skills. Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
· Demonstrated ability to write and provide simple and accurate instructions.
· Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
· Knowledge and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
· Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
· Must have a reputation which is respected by production, maintenance labor, maintenance management and store personnel.
· Experience in project management and/or project activities
· Intermediate or Expert Level knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Day shift
- On call
- Associate (Preferred)
- Maintenance Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- SAP: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person