Maintenance professionals are the backbone of any exceptional apartment community. At Hawthorne, we recognize that work is meant to support both our personal and professional goals. That’s why we offer generous paid time off and highly competitive compensation packages. Your time “off-the-clock” is as important to us as your time “on-the-clock”.
- Generous Paid Time Off including:Vacation - 80 hours in the first year, increases progressively with tenure
- Sick Leave – 56 hours annually
- Personal – 16 hours after 90 days of employment
- Birthday – 8 hours that may be used at your discretion
- Nine Paid Holidays$200 bonus when serving on call during a holiday
- Veteran’s Day Holiday – eligible for veterans
- Paid Volunteer Leave – _16 hours annually to give back to a cause you are passionate about
- Monthly Renewal Bonus Program, Quarterly Performance Bonus, and Quarterly Resident Satisfaction Bonus
- Supervise and prioritize service tasks consistently and effectively to your team.
- Train, develop, and mentor the maintenance team.
- Proactively diagnose any service needs for the physical asset and follow through to ensure the service is completed.
- Effectively supervise our vendor partners to ensure quality of work.
- Effectively schedule units to be made ready in accordance with company standards.
- Obtain bids for capital improvement projects and supervise the timely completion of these projects.
- Respond to service requests in a timely, thorough, and professional manner.
- Make vacant apartments homes ready for the next resident ensuring the home is impeccably clean and well-maintained.
- Contribute to the community through welcoming, professional service to the residents.
- Preserve the physical asset by sustaining a preventive maintenance program and ensuring the buildings are well-maintained.
- Conduct on-call emergency service rotation as scheduled.
- Demonstrate daily care for the physical asset by ensuring grounds, amenities, and office are clean, free of debris, and immaculately maintained.
At least two years of apartment maintenance experience is required. One year of apartment maintenance supervisor experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
Valid driver's license required. HVAC certification required. CPO certification is preferred. Hawthorne offers an education reimbursement program and a progressive career path to equip you with the skills needed to excel and grow in your position.
As our partner, you will benefit from programs designed to fulfill your goals, personally and professionally:
- Comprehensive and affordable plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Career progression program
- Teledoc - Access to Doctors 24/7/365
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance Plans
- 401k retirement match program
- Maternity and paternity leave options
- Associate discount program
- Health and wellness incentives
- Uniform purchasing and reimbursement
About Hawthorne Residential Partners
Hawthorne Residential Partners is a privately-owned apartment management company based in Greensboro, North Carolina with an extensive portfolio of properties across the Southeast, Florida, and Texas. In addition to owning and managing apartment communities, we have a significant focus on new development lease-up communities in our key markets.
Hawthorne is home to a team of vibrant apartment professionals united by a mission to inspire kindness with action. We call this mission Live It as a reminder to live out our values daily and with every interaction. We take action to create memorable experiences. We stay nimble to evolve with an everchanging environment. And we value integrity as essential.
Joining Hawthorne will open the door to a workplace that will help you grow both personally and professionally - welcome home!
Hawthorne is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person