99 Ranch Market is the largest Asian supermarket chain in the United States, with over 64 store locations across 11 states and more to come! We are passionate and honored to shape the Asian Supermarket culture within the grocery industry. "For 100, we try harder" is our commitment to always provide the best products and services to the communities we serve. With our new expansion strategy and efforts in our cross-generational transition to continue growing our footprint across the country, we welcome YOU to join and grow alongside our family!
- The trainee will undergo training and evaluations for 6 to 8 months. After the training period, qualified candidates will be directly assigned to a store and be responsible for the corresponding department SOP, product knowledge, planning, ordering, organization, employee management, and all other supervisory duties.
- Manage in department’s daily operations and meet the company standards.
- Work with the store management team to design a store promotion plan and meet sale target.
- Maintain product display, ensure freshness, and keep shelves fully stocked.
- Order products based on on-hand inventory, promotion events, and delivery schedules.
- Receive shipments and examine the quantity and quality.
- Control inventory movement (FIFO), including rotating product display, organizing freezer and cooler, and directing physical inventory count.
- Familiar with local vendors and popular local products.
- Use label updating and price sign printing computer programs efficiently.
- Provide schedules to department employees and manage attendance.
- Work on Human Capital Management, including coaching, operational training, mentoring, and performance review.
- Maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 2-year experience in related fields.
- Work in an environment with varying temperatures and use equipment.
- Require lifting 25+ lbs of objects and long periods of standing.
- Can work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends & holidays) and relocate if necessary.
- Capable of reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures and training materials.
- Able to speak, write, present, commute, and respond to information and questions.
- Great interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Familiar with inventory management programs, Microsoft Office, IT retail, or SAP are highly preferred.
- Commit to company values and customer services.
- Bilingual in English, Chinese, and Spanish is highly preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- At least 18 years old.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $600
- Long-Term Service Award
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
Position: Full Time
Salary: $54,000.00-$58,000.00 yearly during training period. This is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) the responsibilities of the job, your education, skills, qualifications, experience, and location. $58,000 once become a department manager.
- New Store Location: 19100 Harborgate Way, Torrance, CA 90501
- Training Location: 651 N. Euclid St., Anaheim, CA 92801 or 17713 Pioneer Blvd., Artesia, CA 90701 before the Torrance new store is open
Beware of Job Scams: We prioritize applicant safety at Tawa Group. Please exercise caution during your job search. Be wary of unsolicited offers, requests for personal information or upfront payments, poorly written job descriptions, unrealistic promises, and unprofessional communication. Research employers, verify job postings, and trust your instincts. Report any suspicious activity. For helpful guidance on identifying job scams, visit this link provided by the Indeed website:https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/job-scams
Tawa Group dba 99 Ranch Market, is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Torrance, CA 90501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you able to train in Anaheim or Artesia before our Torrance location opens?
- Associate (Required)
- Hot Deli management: 2 years (Required)
- Retail management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Bilingual English/Mandarin (Preferred)
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person