The Manufacturing Manager is a key member of the Kaspar Wire Works leadership team that champions and personally drives the application of Lean Manufacturing methods throughout KWW. The Manager will direct daily and strategic operations, including safety, maintenance, people development and training, quality, production rates, and cost management. The Manager will be an outstanding technical asset in their field of operations, while possessing an exemplary drive to serve customers in the most cost effective and safe manner possible.
Position Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Perform as a company leader for safety, customer service, quality, waste elimination, and digital manufacturing.
· Maintain industry standard KPIs (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Productivity) and be able to analyze gaps, ID temporary and permanent countermeasures, and manage long term projects stemming from GAPs to target.
· Observe value stream waste, coach and drive Lean principle and methodologies for waste removal.
· Coach, deploy and learn Lean principles in the manufacturing environment.
· Participate, support and sustain 6S, Safety and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Communicate position expectations for performance each business day, to every employee. Follows-up on job performance with every employee, every hour or every day.
· Understand, communicate, and effectively enforce company policies and procedures.
· Command of Cost drivers for every area of the manufacturing operations business
· Maintain proper staffing levels by evaluating routing standards, available work hours, and work-to-time relationships.
· Recruit, coach, develop and advance employees to attain and exceed company standards for performance.
· Champion the elimination of waste by understanding customer requirements, quality standards, workflow and value as perceived by the customer.
· Evaluate department performance and present improvement plans to employees and all levels of management.
· Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and coaching personnel on company standards for job performance, safety and housekeeping.
· Resolve employee concerns by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; and recommending actions.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Provide expertise, strategy, and execution to drive manufacturing to a digital environment.
· Be prepared to ‘work the operations’ with the team members to help understand concerns, needs, and workload.
· Travel up to 15% may be required.
· All other duties assigned by management.
· Continuous development experience
· Data and fact-based, problem solving with ability to communicate findings and results
· Must be able to work with all employees throughout multiple departments and divisions
· Good communication (Verbal and Written)
· Ability to manage teams in a hands-on way
· 5-8 years of supervisory experience
· Degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations Management, etc., required
· Metal working industry experience
· Experience in an ERP environment and understanding of MS Office suite programs
· Extended periods of sitting and/or walking (33% - 75% of time)
· Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning (10% - 25% of time)
· Lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally (0% - 33% of time)
This position requires that the employee be able to work in and around the following elements:
· Indoors and Outdoors
· Loud Environments
· Extreme heat or cold (weather-related)
· Wet or humid conditions (weather-related)
· Fumes from equipment or airborne particles
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Manufacturing management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Metal manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
Work Location: In person